Hard Drive(s) spin Down

Y

yank2451

It appears that one or more of my hard drives like to spin themselves down without any power management features turned on. My system will enter standby mode, and come out fine, however, I noticed my hard drive(s) spinning themselves down without having turned on any time limits in the power management window. I notice it when playing songs with WinAmp, they pause for a few seconds. This is happening about every 10 minutes, if not exactly 10 minutes.

My System:
Asus P2vbt (Hewlett Packard Special for HP 9680c (my computer))
VIA Apollo Pro Chipset (I believe) with Updated 4 in 1 Drivers (Ver. 4.37)
384 MB Ram (128 MB SDRAM 100 Mhz, 256 MB SDRAM 133 Mhz)
Maxtor 40 GB 7200 RPM
Maxtor 60 GB 5400 RPM (factory refurb, another long story)
Pioneer 8x DVD
Samsung CDRW 208 8x4x32
Sound Blaster Live MP3 + 5.1 (Updated Drivers)
ATI All In Wonder 128 Rage Pro 32 MB AGP running at 2X (Updated Drivers)
Windows XP Professional Build 2600

So you don't have any spin down options set in your bios or in your control panel under power options? the only other thing I can think of is some HD's have a jumper that sets a spin down time, but if this just started with xp that shouldn't be the case

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back