Hard Drive Problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FalseIdeasOfLove, Jul 15, 2004.

1. FalseIdeasOfLove

FalseIdeasOfLove Life In A Hospital

I am also having a problem with harddrives, I bought a 160GB Maxtor in Jan/Feb of this year, and I partitioned it to 3 different sizes. Anyways, recently I had formatted my PC and when I installed the new copy of Windows XP all of the files on one partition went bad and said I didn't have access to open them and such (administrative rights). So I went into Safe Mode to change these settings to allow me to use the files stored on that partition and when I came back to Windows XP in normal mode all the files were gone and the drive was empty and had full space. Overcoming my anger, a few days later I started using that partition to store files again, this time I got another error and had to format that partition. And now sometimes when I reboot my PC I get errors from that partition and I format it again, hoping it will fix it, but it only gives me the same error a few days later. Hopefully that all made sense and someone can help me!

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

What is the error message you are getting?

As for the first time it happened (bit late now) try this> Microsoft

3. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I wish thinking, did you do a fdisk, then set each partition?

4. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

had similar thing hapen to me. if i find anything more out i will PM you

5. FalseIdeasOfLove

Hey, thanks for the info so far. Im not sure exactly what the error was, I do know something about check disk when I have the problem when I start up my PC. I also remember that when I had the problem the first time I wasn't able to access any of the files or folders, it gave me some sort of error, sorry I can't be anymore explainitory.

By the way, I followed that Microsoft tutorial the first time and all that resulted in it was me losing everything on that partition.

About this fdisk and set partitions thing, would I end up losing all my files on the other 2 partitions by chance?

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I asked if you had!

7. FalseIdeasOfLove

Oh, sorry, I had read that wrong haha. No, I didn't fdisk and set partitions.