Hard Drive Problem

G

gmagnuson

Hey All, I need some major help:
I went to install a new motherboard and processor---Motherboard Processor is a P4 2.4 GHz.

I installed it all and my computer starts up fine, but when it is almost ready to load windows, it comes up with this error:

Check for viruses on computer. Remove any new installed Harddrives or any Hard Drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for Hard Drive corruption then restart your computer.

Technical info......

What Do I do now?
I tried to check all of my settings. The Hard drive was working fine before all of this happened. I would appreciate any help, and I reallllllllllllllly do not want to lose my info on the hard drive. I currently have a Networking card, Modem card, Sound card, and an AGP Video card installed.

i had kind of the same prob, a quick blue screen before windows loads and shuts down, its best to reformat when somethiing as major as a mobo an processor hav been fitted.

changing the chipset = blue screen, if its xp pro run the 2nd repair option as you follow the install from the xp cd, then all will be ok. if its xp home, you got to reinstall windows, just dont format 1st and you will save the data.

Originally posted by ste_w
i had kind of the same prob, a quick blue screen before windows loads and shuts down, its best to reformat when somethiing as major as a mobo an processor hav been fitted.

you should take note as well ;) a formats ok if you managed to backup 1st, this gives a chance at least of not losing all important downloads.

Originally posted by GoNz0
changing the chipset = blue screen, if its xp pro run the 2nd repair option as you follow the install from the xp cd, then all will be ok. if its xp home, you got to reinstall windows, just dont format 1st and you will save the data.

Where do you see a difference between Home and Pro edition regarding to this?

Just for the sake of it: here's how to change mobo and proc without needing a reinstall.

(taken from the very excellent ArsTechnica forums)

Peter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back