hard drive partitioning/partition resizer app

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 18, 2004.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

what is a good (possibly free) app to use to partition or resize a hard drive? i have partition magic, but that doesn't seem to want to do squat to my laptop's hard drive.

2. Yharn

Yharn meh.

give acronis partition expert a try it worked on my laptop when partition magic wouldn't.

3. ElementalDragon

thanks Yharn, i'll give it a shot.

4. i use partition magic and it's working great i have no problems with it maybe you didn't use it right

5. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Hmm.. how is using PM different on a laptop rather then a desktop?

6. ElementalDragon

Xie: don't know if it is different or not. maybe data is handled differently or somethin. beats me.

Fishboy:......... i'm not an idiot. If my stoopid sig was workin you would notice that. lol. A+ Certified. on a side note, Partition Magic would say i needed to reboot in order to perform the scheduled tasks, and when it rebooted, it gave the whole message saying that it was scheduled to perform tasks and to press a key to abort. then right after that it said Partition Magic has completed the scheduled tasks, no time in between the 2. they both appeared at the same time. when windows booted back up, no change whatsoever.

7. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

When I ran PM on an xp machine, it needed to be run from the command prompt, from the bootable cd.

8. Yharn

Yharn meh.

thats the same thing PM did for me......