Hard Drive fixing prog

Ohzopants

My mom thinks I'm cool
One of my hard drives is acting up and I'm not sure what the problem is with it. So I'm looking for a good disk utility (for scanning for errors and defragging), any advice guys?

if you are using xp then chkdsk is the only tool available to check for errors type chkdsk /? in the command prompt and see what you need..

PerfectDisk is the best defrag utility for 32bit windows. Can be found at http://www.raxco.com

agree, Perfectdisk is the best. I just wish I could it to work on my PE ..

Every HDD maker has a testing tool avil for it. Find out what brand it is and head to they website. If your not sure get Seagates 'Seatools', that will do a basic test on any drive and will give you the model of the drive for you to look up.

You could also get The Ultimate Boot CD www.ultimatebootcd.com it has all the testing on one cd you boot off.

Hope that helps

thnaks ashius.... but:
"Note: PowerMax v 4.21 will not detect ATA or SATA hard disks connected to embedded or add in RAID controllers, NVIDIA Force 3, Force 4, VIA KT 600 and KT800 chipsets."
and I have a kt800 controller.

chkdsk it is i guess

I asked almost the same question before but never got an answer. Something that would check disks like Norton DiskDoctor, chkdsk, or Scandisk. It is surprising that there aren't very many 3rd party disk checkers, but there are tons of defragging programs out there.

vern said:
I asked almost the same question before but never got an answer. Something that would check disks like Norton DiskDoctor, chkdsk, or Scandisk. It is surprising that there aren't very many 3rd party disk checkers, but there are tons of defragging programs out there.
It's because alot of people have an a theory what way is the best to defrag. There is only one way to mark a bad sector. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back