Hard disk stuck in PIO

G

G|ass

If your hard disk drive is stuck in PIO when it is capable of DMA, how do you fix that if when you go to Device Manager>IDE/ATAPI Controllers>Primary IDE Channel>Advanced "DMA if available" is greyed out? I know there is something you can edit in the registry to make your PC recheck your drive's DMA capability to fix this problem, but I don't know where or what to edit exactly. Anyone know? Thanks.

I get something similar with a DVD-ROM Drive. Don't know how to fix it though. Would like to know though.

Hey i like the easy ones:D

This is one of my old ones ....if you are using Win XP.

Open REGEDIT and find the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\currentcontrolset\control\class\ {4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\000x

Last four digits are likely 0001, 0002. Under those keys you will find MasterIDdataChecksum, SlaveIddataChecksum. Delete the value corrosponding to your drive.It will make th OS redetect the drive DMA capabilities after rebooting.

Hope it helps

It may mean that at some point (assuming it wasn't always that way) there was a problem causing XP to throttle it down to PIO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back