Hard disk drives not detected

X

Xeroe

I am booting from the XP disk, to the recovery thing. when it loads, it says hard disk drives not found, and then goes on with some other "jargon". Any ideas on whats wrong? Do note I am a :confused: n00b when it comes to hardware. Thanx :D

Lets see, what happened before that. Why did you loose your disk in the first place? Also, I find that XP recovery doesn't do a good job, better do a clean install, but that's kind of hard if your system doesn't detect the HDDs. Are the cables plugged in fine at both ends?

Cables are good, the reason i have to do a recovory is because i messed up the BOOT.ini file, putting in that i had proffesional xp instead of home, then it lets me select OS's, Pro tells me i dont have it, default restarts, and i have a blank option highlited in the margin that also restarts.... anythin come to mind?

I would do the following. Take out your harddrive, connect it to another machine, open it as secondary drive in windows, and correct the boot ini from there. I would do a clean install of XP to fix this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back