Halo PC - New Details?

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
not quite, considering there aiming this game at a september launch where even the most powerful rigs will struggle, Its plain BS.

look at it, It only has an advantage in Resolution over the Xbox version and at High res It stinks even with a Gfx card 2 times better than what the xbox was using (nvidia cheaters :p) nothing is different, None of these DX9 shaders they were talkign about its Visually the same Apart from its terrible performance on high end rigs.

think ill stick to my xbox, or Dl halo before buying it!! (not warez, call it a Demo :))

you look like the biggest ass right now you have no idea what your talking about and the fact is you warezed (is that a word?!) it to begin with and don't try and lie and say you didn't because if you didn't you would have build 2 not 1.5 and you would see that the game runs really smooth so please shut your mouth. (err fingers)

not quite, considering there aiming this game at a september launch where even the most powerful rigs will struggle, Its plain BS.

my computer has a slightly faster cpu and a slower video card yet I get smooth fps with all options turned on.

look at it, It only has an advantage in Resolution over the Xbox version and at High res It stinks even with a Gfx card 2 times better

well even if you could put your "2x" better video card in the xbox it wouldn't run it 2x better, it wouldn't even run it so how is that better? you can't even compare the 2.

None of these DX9 shaders they were talkign about its Visually the same Apart from its terrible performance on high end rigs.

again showing how little you know build 1.5 was for gameplay issues ie; difficulty, balance, general bugs. NONE of the DX stuff was even enabled yet.

just.... just.... don't speak because you dont know.

Originally posted by StormFront
This is exactly what I was afraid of... There is no drive to make this game any good. Microshaft have already made their cash and run, they are just throwing us scraps and (as usual) demanding a hefty wedge for the privelige....:mad:

I swear I am gonna boycott them and any game that has been through their accursed, blood-sucking console....

dude that guys is clueless, complaining about a build of a game that was made before E3. its like some one comeing in here and tearing apart Doom 3 because the leak of it after E3 a year ago runs like crap. thats just dumb. buy the game or play the demo when its finished you won't be disapointed MS is NOT trying to screw you out of anything.

Originally posted by bman™
Somebody in this thread said they had it.

From what I heard from friends, they said that one of the Halo PC development staff betrayed the entire team and released a beta of the game through the net.
Because of this, the development staff supposedly wrote an article stating that since the beta was unexpectedly released, they won't stop people from downloading it, though they'd rather people not download it. They say the beta isn't even close to what they expect to release later on.
So if you find the beta, well have fun. But IMO I'd rather wait for the official release.

RaG

Now that you lot have brow beaten me into playing this game:p ;) , I need to know when its out!

Can't find a release date anywhere! The only thing I have seen is a vague 'it might be 30/09/03' but then again, PC world, UK, seems to think they will have it in this Saturday!:confused:

Suggestions?

What are the system requirements for Halo PC? I have the Xbox version and is thinking about buying a new computer to support the latest games but I need to know the system requrements of the latest games first.

I don't know what the official requirements are, but to run it at 1024x768 with everything on (except AA and AF--that would automatically be a Radeon 9800 or equivalent), I'd make sure to have an Athlon XP 2500+, Pentium 2.4GHz, or better, with a Geforce FX 5600/Radeon 9600.

At 800x600, you could do it on an Athlon XP 1800+, Pentium 4 1.8GHz, and a GF4Ti 4200, Geforce FX 5600, Radeon 9600 or better.

Anything ending with an "MX" or "5200" isn't going to be so fun...

Wow, you really need better than GF4ti and Radeon ect to run hight than 800x600, man that kinda sucks. Those are pretty damb good cards, this game is very high in demand!

nope my server runs it just fine with an 1800+ and a geforce 4 4600 at 1024x768 with everything on cept AS and AF

guys... just a coupla things... first off.. no warez link or information will be provided unless it is sanitized on this forum... therefore no links will be provided for halo beta 1.5

next... krux apparently will have information for us once his nda is up... so we can all be patient and see what he has to say and screenies he has to post...

halo will make use of ps 2.0 shaders... therefore it uses dx9 features... it should and will still run in older gen cards... make no mistake about it... just perhaps not with the same sort of effects (ie overbright sky/sun flares and water effects and the like that I have mentioned previously... krux can probably verify)

please keep discussions of halo beta 1.5 to a minimum... the link I provided has information concerning performance... but as krux has said... this is pre gold version... so be wary of using that for all your info...

Its really an exciting time in the gaming industry these days. quick question, Krux whats the maximum amount of players online and lan?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back