Halo PC co-op?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by RagnaroK, Oct 27, 2003.

1. RagnaroK

RagnaroK Must be dreaming...

Yo!
    Just wondering if there's gonna be co-op for Halo PC like there was on xbox?

RaG

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

To paraphrase the official words from Gearbox: It's really hard--so we probably wont.

They say it was possible on the Xbox because you were on the same system, but the latency of networking, even on a LAN, is too much to overcome. The co-op requires extremely precise timing.

3. RagnaroK

I fail to see how co-op is different from a normal multiplayer game... :eek:

4. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I think I read somewhere that they might include co-op as a patch later on...

5. Petros

Petros Thief IV

That's what I was thinking, too. 70 ms is not much slower than 0 ms. If they try to make it part of an expansion pack or something, you can bet they won't get my money for it.

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

HandyBuddy, i agree with you that 70 ms is not much slower than 0 ms. But, what if that very very short amount of time was the difference between living and dying? wouldn't be too fun to play a co-op game and miss shooting something by a hair, or to have a Hunter in front of you, and then half a second later you're about 2x farther away from you then he was due to a lag spike.

7. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

again, I see how it's no different from a Slayer style multiplayer...

8. magnus98

magnus98 Guest

serious sam has has co-op and so do many other games..... just cant think of all of them at the time

9. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Also HL2:)

10. RagnaroK

Wow... I didn't realise that other games had co-op too... maybe I should try them out as well. :D

Anyway... I decided to email Gearbox Software about this, and got a reply from Randy Pitchford:
    "We are working on adding a networked coop feature, but we cannot predict when it will be complete or if it will meet our quality expectations enough to be released."

Looks like I have to be patient for a while... :p