Half-Life: GotY edition spare key?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ElementalDragon, Jan 25, 2005.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Anyone here have a spare key for the original Half-Life? i already own the game, but i had also already registered it's cd-key with steam on another account that i don't remember the info for, and don't wanna buy another copy of a game that i already have. Stupid steam. :lick:

2. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Wouldn't this be illegal?

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

yes :p

/me slaps Elemental on the wrist... naughty boy no warez on the forum...

4. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Those old keys are all it takes to make an account on Steam so why would someone want to give one up.:rolleyes:

If it is a legit account you can not remember the info for then just go through Steam support portals and they will get you all fixed up. :up:

5. ElementalDragon

American Zombie.... already tried that. the only way i can really get the old account removed with my cd key on it is by sending them the cover from the game and everything and also paying a shipping and hadling fee, which at that point one could probably buy the game again.

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Although, I can't be sure of the original, eBay does have lots of keys for sale.
    Personally I have had about five copies of HL (including ones with several keys opfor, etc.) and have given loads out.

7. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

he's not asking for an illegal key...he's just seeing if there is anyone that wants to give him their old one or one they have that might not be used. I know a few people that have a couple of keys, 'cause at certain points the keys were really really cheap

8. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

the GotY edition is only about $9.99 at most stores. Just go buy another copy.

9. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

I think that's the price he's trying to avoid because he's already officially got a license

Seems cheap though :rolleyes:

10. Electronic Punk

$10 is also the price you can pay Valve (again - hah!) for them to unlock your old account.

11. ElementalDragon

actualy i checked up on the price for a brand new copy of HL. Best Buy's website only shows the platinum collection for $29.99, and EB Games shows just Half-Life for 19.99.

EP, i wouldn't trust buying a cd-key from e-bay. would really suck to pay the money for it and find out the key was already used, wouldn't it?

12. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Cant you go into the "Lost account password" where you put in your old key and they send an email to the account? I did it one time and saved me having to buy the game again :p

13. Electronic Punk

Well.... Try it ED... Look for a seller with a high rep, check out their feedback.
    If they have lots of satisfied users, you should be good to go.

14. ElementalDragon

zeke mo, kinda hard to do that when i don't even know what e-mail account it was registered under, and said e-mail account is probably already dead and gone since i registered the key a while back when steam hasn't been out for that long.

15. emeritus

emeritus Beware the Monkeys!!!

I in kind of the same boat. I still have my original CD, but nothing else, and I don't feel like shelling out $10, when I already shelled out the money for the original game.

16. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Well, I used the serial of Blue Shift to get my CS/HL running. :p That was ages ago.

17. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

i'll probably be slapped for this but go to altavista.com and search there, you'll prbably get what you need there, whatever that may be, i don't know.

18. Lukas

Lukas Real Name No Gimmicks

This is probably the most pointless reply ever, but:

I wanted to give you mine, coz I dont use it anymore (RavenShield all the way) but guess what...

I can't find it...

19. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

I'm gonna PM you my code. I bought the game when it first came out... played it for about 10 minutes. Didn't really like it much. I then bought another copy for $5 a couple years ago (my mother owns an auction and she had LOTS of them). Let me know if you have any problems with it. You shouldn't because I have never used it to go online.

20. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

/me looks for HL CD that I never used