Half-Life / Counter-Strike Faults after 10-15 Minutes of OpenGL

H

hangule

After playing 10-15 minutes of openGL half-life/CS it just faults and I hve to wait for that dumb "would you like to report this error?" message. I [could] run diect3d, but the comparison to openGL is simply unmatchable.

I upgraded from windows 2000 pro -> win xp pro
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 4400 (it has the same problems with vendor drivers, xp-found drivers, and detanator (leaked and offical) drivers).

The game runs fine until suddenly I hear a noise loop and I know the game has frozen. Here's the info from my sys info and erorr logs.

(yes I tried running it in compatability mode 98/ME)

system info
Specifications
00101520 9695C
System Model: 03995400000105
BIOS Version: Phoenix Technologies LTD 1.02

Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600
Service Pack: 0.0
PID: 55274-640-0000356-23597
Hot Fix: Q319580

Memory (RAM)
Capacity: 255.48 MB

Processor
AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
Version: x86 Family 6 Model 2 Stepping 1
Speed: 855 MHz

Error Logs
Faulting application mplayer2.exe, version 6.4.9.1120, faulting module divxdec.ax, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x0000b918.

Faulting application hl.exe, version 1.1.0.8, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

Faulting application hl.exe, version 1.1.0.8, faulting module hw.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001dfeb.

Fault bucket 03081359.

Faulting application hl.exe, version 1.1.0.8, faulting module hw.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001dfeb.

Faulting application hl.exe, version 1.1.0.8, faulting module hw.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00095570.

Faulting application hl.exe, version 1.1.0.8, faulting module nvoglnt.dll, version 6.13.10.2832, fault address 0x000ed367.

Faulting application hl.exe, version 1.1.0.8, faulting module client.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000be3d6.

well, mplayer.exe is windows media player.

if i had to take a guess, i'd say it could be your sound card or sound card driver probs. check out your sound card setup. if it's not your sound card or sound card drivers, then maybe it's...

if you've tried running it in opengl with different video drivers, then i'd try a fresh install of hl.

make sure you wipe the entire hl folder, including all mods, etc.

if that doesn't solve it, i'm not sure what will.

how weird. usually the first error msg is the one causing the most problems. how often do you perform windows updates? also, check your sound card and drivers. its been known that some cards have problems with counter-strike causing it to freeze.

That is wierd, I noticed the error is your divx decoder, version 1. Have you tried getting the lasted codecs for winmedia player?? I believe they are up to 4.5 if not 5 now....Don't know why you would need them to play, but your system is calling for them for some strange reason. Are you recording demos while you play?

Have you d/led any demos lately? Alot of them are in divx.

for all the nvidia cards u can go Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > (then click the tab with ur card's name on it) > then goto Direct3D - then where it says 'peformance' (or something to that effect) - click the drop down menu and choose the option for 'blend' or anythig that isn't best quality

i said that in another post - so, u could try it mabe :)

sorry about my lack of knowlege on the subject - i aint memorised that panel yet :p (i aint @ my pc right now)

coz OpenGL uses the 'blend' option by default n e way - where d3d dont - so try it :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back