Half Life 2 Question

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Admiral Michael, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Hey All,

Well I got Half life 2 for Christmas, great game. Although I have the 5 CD set, I was wondering if there was a way to make it into a DVD.

Thanks
    Admiral Mike

2. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

I don't have the cd's as I purchased through steam but I have all of the HL2 files on one dvd.

If you right-click on Half Life 2 or any game in the "play games" list you can choose the option "backup game files". Now you can back up all your games to dvd or just HL2 by ticking/unticking the boxes in front of the games list.

3. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Sorry, AZ, I don't understand.

I think, correct me if I'm wrong, AM was asking if it possible to create 1 DVD image from the the 5 CD images. It is to make installation a breeze, for one.

I was just going to ask that, but of another game that has 6 CD's.

Heeter

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

what AZ said makes perfect sense since all the files have to be activated using steam... you can backup the files and burn them to a DVD and then install using that... then use your CD key to register...

5. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

Ok first off, you would need 2 DVDs. A program called "Gamejack" (google it), would allow you to copy all of the 5 HL2 cds onto 5 separate images (ie 5 files) on your Hard drive and then reload them onto 2 DVDs, the only thing with either this or the HL2 backup is that you'll still have 5 separate files that will have to be accessed, and i think you want just 2 DVDs with two files which you can't get as you purchase the CD version which has split the game 5 ways. But i may be wrong, perhaps the backup version can create two separate DVDs with just two files. Check it out.

6. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

You could always try to sell the game, then buy the dvd version.