Half Life 2 - Major hatred

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Mubbers, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

I've not even played the game and already I hate it and am probably going to uninstall it :devious:

I spent about 10 minutes installing it, it forced me to go on line and then when I FINALLY was ready to play and clicked "play" it told me i had to wait 4 minutes before it was ready doing some other ***** behind my back on the internet.

This is rubbish I really doubt I'll play the game (I only want singleplayer) and I am certainly NOT going to be buying any more Valve or Steam products ever again.

2. Luna

Luna OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

You do understand the game has to decrypt itself / apply all the latest patches............

3. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

considering what Valve had to go through with the code theft last year..... I would encrypt my game too (oh and not to mention it was the most anticipated game of the year). I really dont understand your logic... do you not like HL2 because everyone else likes it? oh and btw... Valve and Steam are the same thing... Valve runs and operates Steam. Valve has some of the best games ever. Period. I am trying to be nice here... so yeah. Go play the game.

4. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I wouldn't judge a game by its install, if you bought the cd version I would get mad a VU and not valve, and the update process is made to be a way to always be up-to-date, I dont mind waiting 4 minutes after the long 4 year wait. I enjoyed the game at 3 AM when it came out, I didnt mind waiting at all. It was COMPLETELY worth it, so play it before you judge, thats all I have to say.....oh yeah, VU sucks :p

How can it do it behind your back when it told you what it was doing?

5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

With Steam, patience is definatly needed.

6. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

A simple solution is to get up, get a cup of coffee, do jumping jacks, run around the street, watch TV, or anything you wish ... then come back.

7. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

I just don't like having to set up accounts and give e-mails etc... just to play a flippin game!

They're spying on me I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

8. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

lol... i've had to spend over an hour to get the game fully running when i first installed it.

9. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I spent weeks downloading it, and when they finally released the damn thing I was abroad and my laptop refused to run it.. lol

10. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I agree with that one, but like EP I did it in advance so I didnt have to worry about it. I think ubi is the best example for a pain in the butt, I really dont like their system, its almost like a steam ripoff. It's just horrid, it never works right or it locks you out for not remembering your password. Kinda lame if you ask me.

11. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Dont even get me started on UBI games...... so many times I have just wanted to play FC or RVS online with some friends and I entered my password wrong and I have to wait like 20 - 30 min before I can "try" again.

12. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

i have to say i never had any problems running or installing HL2, not a single one, i am very computer savvy, but so it seems are a lot or other people. So i really don't get all the bitching and moaning at all. I mean sure the decrypting and the long patch download can be annoying, but just browse the net or just leave it and go shopping and it'll be done when you come back.

Mubbers, did you get on your hands and knees and pound the ground and cry "it's not fair, it's not fair", kinda sounds like you did.