Half Life 2 - Major hatred

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political Access
I've not even played the game and already I hate it and am probably going to uninstall it :devious:

I spent about 10 minutes installing it, it forced me to go on line and then when I FINALLY was ready to play and clicked "play" it told me i had to wait 4 minutes before it was ready doing some other ***** behind my back on the internet.

This is rubbish I really doubt I'll play the game (I only want singleplayer) and I am certainly NOT going to be buying any more Valve or Steam products ever again.

You do understand the game has to decrypt itself / apply all the latest patches............

considering what Valve had to go through with the code theft last year..... I would encrypt my game too (oh and not to mention it was the most anticipated game of the year). I really dont understand your logic... do you not like HL2 because everyone else likes it? oh and btw... Valve and Steam are the same thing... Valve runs and operates Steam. Valve has some of the best games ever. Period. I am trying to be nice here... so yeah. Go play the game.

Mubbers said:
I've not even played the game and already I hate it and am probably going to uninstall it :devious:

I spent about 10 minutes installing it, it forced me to go on line and then when I FINALLY was ready to play and clicked "play" it told me i had to wait 4 minutes before it was ready doing some other ***** behind my back on the internet.

This is rubbish I really doubt I'll play the game (I only want singleplayer) and I am certainly NOT going to be buying any more Valve or Steam products ever again.

I wouldn't judge a game by its install, if you bought the cd version I would get mad a VU and not valve, and the update process is made to be a way to always be up-to-date, I dont mind waiting 4 minutes after the long 4 year wait. I enjoyed the game at 3 AM when it came out, I didnt mind waiting at all. It was COMPLETELY worth it, so play it before you judge, thats all I have to say.....oh yeah, VU sucks :p

Mubbers said:
How can it do it behind your back when it told you what it was doing?

A simple solution is to get up, get a cup of coffee, do jumping jacks, run around the street, watch TV, or anything you wish ... then come back.

I just don't like having to set up accounts and give e-mails etc... just to play a flippin game!

They're spying on me I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

lol... i've had to spend over an hour to get the game fully running when i first installed it.

I spent weeks downloading it, and when they finally released the damn thing I was abroad and my laptop refused to run it.. lol

Mubbers said:
I just don't like having to set up accounts and give e-mails etc... just to play a flippin game!

They're spying on me I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I agree with that one, but like EP I did it in advance so I didnt have to worry about it. I think ubi is the best example for a pain in the butt, I really dont like their system, its almost like a steam ripoff. It's just horrid, it never works right or it locks you out for not remembering your password. Kinda lame if you ask me.

Dont even get me started on UBI games...... so many times I have just wanted to play FC or RVS online with some friends and I entered my password wrong and I have to wait like 20 - 30 min before I can "try" again.

i have to say i never had any problems running or installing HL2, not a single one, i am very computer savvy, but so it seems are a lot or other people. So i really don't get all the bitching and moaning at all. I mean sure the decrypting and the long patch download can be annoying, but just browse the net or just leave it and go shopping and it'll be done when you come back.

Mubbers, did you get on your hands and knees and pound the ground and cry "it's not fair, it's not fair", kinda sounds like you did.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back