Half Life 1 Storyline Recap

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by rhythmicmoose, Nov 19, 2004.

1. rhythmicmoose

rhythmicmoose OSNN One Post Wonder

I just bought Half Life 2, but have never played the original. I was wondering if anyone on here could offer me a recap of the story thus far. I'm particularly interested in any plot twists, and any background information on characters that return in the sequel.

Thanks a ton. If anyone knows of a site that's already covered this, please link me. That works too.

And for anyone who views this as blasphemy, don't worry. I bought the silver package, so I'll play Half Life Source once I'm done with 2.

2. logisticprism

logisticprism Time Dr. Freeman?

but first everyone give a warm welcome to my friend, rhythmicmoose.

well...welcome man.

3. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

if you play hl2 first..it will be just a pretty game...be strong and play hl first

4. welcome to osnn :D

5. rhythmicmoose

Sorry. I'm weak. I guess it's like eating dessert before dinner.

6. rhythmicmoose

7. logisticprism

logisticprism Time Dr. Freeman?

well since no one's posted i'll start us off from what i remember, although it was a long time ago. you start off as gordon freeman, you go to a laboratory experiment, switch on something, and a portal opens up. aliens come from the portal, and the world has gone crazy. there are few survivors, but a few guards and people still alive help you. you try to get to the surface, and then the marines come. you keep fighting the marines, and i'm not sure what happens after that.

8. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

9. suicide_pact

suicide_pact ---pro a.v. geek

howdy rhythmicmoose. i'll add to what logisticprism wrote. during hl1, you also teleport a bit, a couple of times to Xen, which was the alien's (vortigaunts) homeworld. It was a really sparse kind of trippy world w/ no gravity. The hottie from HL2 wasn't in the first one, and Barney was. oh yeah, Forget about Freeman.

10. rhythmicmoose

11. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

hehe glad i could help :)

REP! lol j/k