Information Hail Carpo - new life @ OSNN

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I would just like to publicly thank Carpo, and whoever decided to make him a news poster, for what seems to be an unprecedented amount of news on the OSNN front page. For some time I have noticed the slowdown in OSNN news and, despite posting some quite cool news info a few times on the forum myself, interesting computer related news not making it to the front page. Since Carpo has been a news poster we don't seem to have missed a beat, and now there is so much news that I think OSNN could begin to expand readership levels as a result.

So well done Carpo, keep up the good work! :) I've sent some congratulatory reps out to you.

thanks gents but you realise you have just jinxed it now, my pc will blow and i will break my wrist, but that might be related to other means ;), havent missed a beat you say, dont know about that, and i think the other people who were and still are posting news before i came along did a grand (and still are) job :)

Indeed, now keep it up or back to toilet duty for you!!

could do with the toilet duty - least i would get a break :p

Yes, please don't think I mean to take anything away from all the other great people who do awesome work with OSNN! I just think that you have made a real improvement over the last few weeks. Let's hope I've not jinxed you though :)

:cheeky:I'll take the credit for the nomination. but in all seriousness, Carpo is kicking ass and taking names. well done carpo

i can stop for a few days if you wanaa post some news :p

yeah.. i was thinking that same thing... now i drop on osnn more often, and not just to check the forums :)

reps to the man!

ps. can i ask where u got ur nickname from? :]

edit: lemme spread some around and ill give it to ya :D

something my brother called me when i was younger because he said i looked like someone from the film jason and the argonoughts (i know its wrongly spelt, my spelling sucks)

not what you were expecting i know, bet you thought it was going to be something exciting and sexy wernt you :D

o the pressure, i dont work well under pressure :p

hehehe... i actually asked cos there was this awesome guitar player here in argentina, and his nickname among friends was Carpo :]

ah :) - i shall use that one in future :p

Last edited:
Keep up the good work, you are making the rest of us look bad.;)

Makes me visit OSNN quite a bit more too. Carpo's finding the niche stuff that doesn't get covered and re-covered a bazillion times on every other site.

I would just like to publicly thank Carpo, and whoever decided to make him a news poster, for what seems to be an unprecedented amount of news on the OSNN front page. For some time I have noticed the slowdown in OSNN news and, despite posting some quite cool news info a few times on the forum myself, interesting computer related news not making it to the front page. Since Carpo has been a news poster we don't seem to have missed a beat, and now there is so much news that I think OSNN could begin to expand readership levels as a result.

So well done Carpo, keep up the good work! :) I've sent some congratulatory reps out to you.

Yes, all hail Carpo! OSNN News Whore. :p

*Prepares to ship more RockStars to Carpo* ;)

well someone jinxed it - one of my 400gb hdds is playing up - had vista freeze4 on me and blue screen me this morn while i was extracting isos from d to e :( , im hoping it was deamon tools lite that was the issue as it was a mounted iso, deamon tools 4.10 under xp never gave me issues.

Strange thing is i formated it yesterday and did a bad block check and it said drive was fine, going to get latest smasung tools and blast the lba out and low level the gimp - see if that helps, so pc will be down and no news posted while i try to save my 400GB

it played up before, i thought it was a seagate drive and used their tools and it, and it seemed to be ok, turns out its a samsung drive (d'oh) so heres hoping

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back