had to get a new lappy

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Perris Calderon, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

bizzare

I've had two laps for quite some time, a very old hp with only 2 gigs of memory, very slow and a newer gateway with 3, both have vista

+been windows 7 but since I'd be getting 64 bit wanted a lap with more then 4 gigs of memory, none were available yet

so I've been babying these babies, I've had them both for longer then any other piece of hardware

but yesterday, BOTH of them fried, they won't even post basic in out.

bizarre, anyway, went to best buy and bought the cheapest 4 gig unit I could find, cost 450 and it's a gateway

the bummer is they tell me new laps are comming in two weeks, man I bet the 6 gigs are in that new lot

anyway, now I am on seven, seems just like vista I have to say

2. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

I got this one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway...Blue/9972693.p?id=1218202942776&skuId=9972693

4. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Seven is Vista Sp .. :)

You should have gotten a MacBook. I just got my first one and I love it. I doubt I will ever go back to windows again, although I have windows seven installed on my vmware fusion lol...

Then again, I also have ubuntu installed on it as well ...

5. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

Johnny,,,, I would have guessed you were the last person on earth to go Mac :laugh:......

anyway,, I totally agree with Johnny, Get a mac, if you want WIN7 then throw bootcamp on it and all is well with the world....

6. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I have wanted one for a long time, but couldn't justify the cost. Then I finally said screw it and got one. I got the MacBook Pro 13", the base model they had. I also got a student discount, so it was a no brainer. I love it. I wish I would have got one sooner ...

It has 4 gig of ram and a solid state drive. I am going to upgrade the Ram here soon. The owner manual gives great explanations on how to do it..