Guide: WMP9 Now Playing

Bman,

your ftp address should look like this, pointing to the directory you have the files stored in

ftp://username:password@ftp.yourdomainname/public_html/dir/

some servers wont allow access unless its like this..[well mine wont :) ]

dir/ at the end is the folder/directory where you placed the nowplaying.php and nowplayingimg.php

and obviously the username and password boxes should be filled in accordingly

Hope this helps
Alan

P.S. Dont give up....it cracked me up for 4 hrs till the penny dropped :)

Damm smilies ftp://username : password@ftp.yourdomainname/public_html/dir/

without the spaces between username : Password

thats what I have now and I have that uploaded, that also what I put in the WMP9 thing and still nothing..

it seems to me that the songout.txt is not being created

http://members.rogers.com/bman_work/Files/songout.txt

When you browse to that url its a 404 and you should get the song title and artist

For whatever reason I dont know....... maybe NetRyder will come back in on this.....I'm to tired now....if I can think of anything else I'll post back

Later
Alan

ok, i put that as my ftp path now...still not working..anything else

Originally posted by bman™
ok, i put that as my ftp path now...still not working..anything else

Ok, again...lets make sure the plugin is working properly.
Remove the FTP path, username, and password, and leave those fields blank.

Then read this post:http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?postid=346265#post346265
Let me know if songout.txt was created in C:\ and what it contains.

I'm quite sure it's just a problem of the wrong FTP path...

ok, songout.txt is not getting created. Whats with everybody putting "public_html" in there ftp address?

Well, looks like the plugin itself isn't functioning properly then. Are you sure you've checked the box next to SongWriter in your WMP Plugin options? You should see a little green plug icon at the bottom right of your WMP9 window when the song is playing if the plugin has been loaded correctly. Do you see it?

Maybe its because of what I put in my signature details... What am I soppose to have in there??

Well, you just put the link to your nowplaying.php or nowplayingimg.php file within [img ] tags. But it's going to work only after you figure out why songout.txt isn't getting created.
I really have no idea what might be the problem at this stage.

Ok, i redid everything and made sure everything is how its soppose to be, and I checked my server and now there is a songout.txt being made, but still nothing showing up on the forums!!??!!?..

just remembered, do I need something like php installed on my computer??

just remembered, do I need something like php installed on my computer??
No... but you do need it installed on the server.

Ok, i redid everything and made sure everything is how its soppose to be, and I checked my server and now there is a songout.txt being made, but still nothing showing up on the forums!!??!!?..

Great to see you got that problem solved. :)
Did you upload nowplaying.php and nowplayingimg.php to the same folder as the one containing songout.txt?

If so, you just need to add the whole URL to nowplayingimg.php between [img ] tags to your sig.
For example, [img ]http://www.sitenamehere.net/path_to_file/nowplayingimg.php[ /img]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back