Guide: WMP9 Now Playing

Originally posted by o_87
I'm pretty sure I have everything setup correctly. When I go to Tools>Plugins, Songwriter Plugin is visible and checked. I've entered teh corrent username and pass, and correct FTP settings. Same problem though.

Hmm...lets make sure the plugin is working before doing anything else.
Click Tools>Options and go to the Plugins tab. Look for Songwriter 1.7 under the "Background" section. Select it and click Options.
In the "Enter a path for a local web server" box just enter C:\ and check the "Text" box. Hit OK, close WMP and open a song.
Then check the root directory of C: to see if songout.txt has been created or not. Let me know your result.

I'm having the same trouble as o_87...I have just followed your intructions about
In the "Enter a path for a local web server" box just enter C:\ and check the "Text" box. Hit OK, close WMP and open a song.
Then check the root directory of C: to see if songout.txt has been created or not. Let me know your result.

and the songout.txt is being created

I have the permissions set correctly for the folder on my server, username and password are all correct......

Its something simple I'm missing but can't find what :(

If you have any ideas let us know thx

Alan

just one more thing...I'm using XP firewall...would that cause a problem??

Alan

Just a note to people:

This needs a direct path to where you want it, i know that some FTP servers, auto "shoot" you to your home dir, but this program will not, so if you automatically end up in ftp://ftp.domain.com/home/<username>/public_html/

In songwriter, the patch you need to set it explicitly to /home/<username>/public_html/songdir/ or it WILL NOT work.

Originally posted by X-Istence
Just a note to people:

This needs a direct path to where you want it, i know that some FTP servers, auto "shoot" you to your home dir, but this program will not, so if you automatically end up in ftp://ftp.domain.com/home/<username>/public_html/

In songwriter, the patch you need to set it explicitly to /home/<username>/public_html/songdir/ or it WILL NOT work.

Exactly what I was going to tell Alan. :)
That might apply to you as well, o_87. Try entering the FULL path in the Songwriter config.

Same thing. :( I tried setting the path to C:\ as a local web server, it created a file called songout.txt, I opened it up, and it contained the name of the file I was playing. I've also put the COMPLETE path to the FTP server, same bloody thing. I've run out of ideas now.

OK I have set the path to ftp://argyleparktaxis.co.uk/home/[username]/public_html/song

/song is the directory for nowplaying.php and it is creating the songout.txt file but just seems to be stuck on the 1st song played which is David Gray - A New Day At Midnight - 04 - Freedom(1) :(

Some things are sent to try us :D .......I'm not to bothered about having it in my sig.....I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY IT S NOT HAPPENING FOR ME....:eek:

I'm surprised. :eek:
I've tried both the text-based version and the image-based version, and they both seem to work flawlessly for me. Really can't figure out what the problem could be, especially since the plugin seems to be creating songout.txt on the local hard drive.
I haven't tried what X-Istence suggested, but see if that works for you.

Originally posted by X-Istence

Put this in a file called update.php.

Now in song writer, remove all the FTP info and local info, and instead input this in the 'enter path for remote server':

remote path: http://yourdomain.com/dir/update.php

Tick the checkmark, post to CGI/PHP

Tick the checkmark for user dynamic headers

In the username part, fill in:

whatever you set $user to in the above script

in the password part fill in:

whatever you set $password to in the above script.

Now, try it out, and hope it works.

NOTE: UNTESTED, BUT IN THEORY SHOULD WORK.

Ok done that and get this NO PASSWORD OR USERNAMENO SONG password error when browsing to http://argyleparktaxis.co.uk/song/update.php

It was this part of the code I changed for the username and password
Code:
$user = username; 
$password = testpass;

When I browse to songout.txt its still showing the 1st song when the songout.txt was created yesterday......

All passwords and usernames are correct...I CHMOD'ed the folder and contents to 777..[allowing access to read and write]

By the way thanks for yours and NetRyders help on this ;)

Alan

Rewriting script, songwriter is complicated. Ill have new script up in a bit.

Figured it out. The script wont work whatever i do, since songwriter doesnt send anything to the scripts. I dont know why, but it just doesnt, so the remote server thingie doesnt work either.

Figured it out. The script wont work whatever i do, since songwriter doesnt send anything to the scripts. I dont know why, but it just doesnt, so the remote server thingie doesnt work either.

:( :( :(

Sure you'll sort it out thou....... :)

Alan

Ok....1 thing that is puzzling is the red x in my sig....when you browse to the page nowplaying.php it says "No music playing"....yet wont show this in my sig

I have tried putting songout.txt in my sig and the same red x...yet when you browse to the page it has a song title and artist there...[thou this never changes]

Also when the player is moving on to the next track.......its like its busy doing something...as if its trying to access the ftp sever....

Hope I've explained this ok

Cheers
Alan

:w00t: :w00t:

Well up and running......just realised that I needed the image script...doh

Thanks for your help X-Istence and NetRyder

P.S. for 0_87

I think you need the .nowplaying.php script from post #4 on page 1 of this topic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back