Guide: OSNN Chatroom via X-Chat Aqua

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Please note, this is horribly out of date now

As some people have had troubles getting into the OSNN.net chat room, I thought I would make some guides on how to come and join us.

This guide will show you how to get into the room using the X-Chat Aqua IRC Client. X-Chat Aqua is a native port of X-Chat to the Mac OS X operating system.

Your first step will be to obtain the X-Chat Aqua client, which you can do by visiting the site at http://xchataqua.sf.net/ scroll to the bottom and select the SourceForge link, and then download the latest file.

001.jpg

The X-Chat Aqua site.

002.jpg

Downloading.

Once downloaded, double click the .dmg file you saved then open the new mounted drive on the desktop. Drag and Drop the "X-Chat Aqua" folder to your applications (or any other) directory.

003.jpg

Drag and Drop.

Next, open the folder and double click the X-Chat Aqua icon, you shall now be presented with a server list. First you will need to click the "add network" button and add the SqueakNet server, alternatively use the following resource: http://geffy.co.uk/xchat/ ; to add the squeaknet server to your list with minimum effort. Once the relevant details are filled in, the screen should look something like this:

004.jpg

Server List.

Simply click the connect button and you will connect to the channel

005.jpg

Channel.

If you added #osnn into the join channel you will join the room automatically, if not simply type "/join #osnn" and you will then be talking to us. You are now in the chat room, simply type what you wish to say and follow it with the return key.

That should be all, you should now be happily talking to us, of course one thing to bear in mind is the time barrier, most of us will not be online at the same time due to varying time zones, but be patient and someone will probably be around ;)

Anyone questions or comments may be posted below, other than that.. enjoy :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back