Guide: Apache and PHP on Windows

I am havin problems with
php4apache.dll not being loaded as a module, I am not sure what to do. I got a PHP book now with instructions, I might try using both that and this to start it again from scratch (as soon as I upgrade my PC, soon hopefully)

I'd rather you linked to this post, as the guide was originally written for xp-erience.
Mainly for use with active desktops (using MADMATT.xperience) but obvisouly members can use it for whatever their needs may be, such as an environment to learn PHP.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Out of curiousity, as plenty of people have said "im gonna try it", how many actually have it all working now?

I do.. and i did it on my own!

/me stands proud =)

SPeedY_B anouther kick ass guide:p u is getting well good @ them:cool:

Well I have got phpdev432 installed on my PC, it does everything SPeedY_Bs tutorial tells you to, it installs Apache, PHP v4.32 and MySQL, as well as some other things like phpMyAdmin and Invision Board I think

Apache for Win32 has many significant security holes.

Originally posted by RabidPenguin
Apache for Win32 has many significant security holes.
[edit]
Win32 has many significant security holes.

Originally posted by Geffy
Well I have got phpdev432 installed on my PC, it does everything SPeedY_Bs tutorial tells you to, it installs Apache, PHP v4.32 and MySQL, as well as some other things like phpMyAdmin and Invision Board I think

I was having problems with PHPTriad, and I decided to give PHPDev432 a shot too. Worked great ... everything works nicely now :happy:

error

ok, i installed the PHPtriad program as it stated. I put matts active desktop in

C:\apache\htdocs\madmatt

then I added to my desktop by typing in

http://localhost/madmatt/ntfs.php

but when it loads up, I get the "Page cannot be found" error

nevermind, I didnt know you had to have the apache.exe open all the time.

I have a few questions:
1. How do I use the Firewall to block incomming connections so no one else can use my computer while my server is running.
2. What program do I use to code php
3. Where is the best source to learn php also is there a basic sample coding I could download as an example?

I might think of more later, but thanks for any help you can give.

Originally posted by GMeagle86
I have a few questions:
1. How do I use the Firewall to block incomming connections so no one else can use my computer while my server is running.
2. What program do I use to code php
3. Where is the best source to learn php also is there a basic sample coding I could download as an example?

I might think of more later, but thanks for any help you can give.

For the firewall settings you want to allow Apache on Localhost port 80 but nothing else. (in send and receive)
in Agnitum Outpost I currently have
Where the local host is "localhost"
Allow It

Then for MySQL I have the same thing, this is so that Apache can communicate with MySQL.

For the best programs to use to code, you will hear anything from Notepad to DreamWeaver, but personally I like Maguma PHP Light

And a good PHP Tutorial site is
http://www.spoono.com/tutorials/php/

Thanks!
Could MsFrontPage be used? and How can I tell if I have PHP installed, I am not sure whether it got installed with apache.

1. It depends on what firewall you run as to what you need to change. Most will have something in the preferences/options as to which ports you allow data to pass through.

2. Code php with notepad and/or wordpad. Any text editor will suffice.

3. http://www.php.net/

p.s. geffy, can you make your sig(s) to 500x200 please. It stops horizontal scrolling for members who use 800x600, thanks.

I think that the WinXP firewall blocks incoming connections to a httpd. so thats already sorted.

As for Frontpage, yes it could be used, but i'd seriously recommend against it.
PHP will be installed if you followed the guide above, you cant just run .php files from explorer, they have to be run via the webserver (in this case apache)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back