GTA3 Run Problems

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by jvjb1983, Jun 23, 2002.

1. jvjb1983

jvjb1983 Guest

Yeah I have a Problem With GTA3 running on my system. All it does is chop along for no reason all throughout the game. I know that it can run good since I installed it on a friend of mines system and it ran perfectly. Since then I have reformated and it still oesn't run right. On a fresh format I downloaded the Xp patch and all my updated drivers installed and it still won't run right for me. And it sucks since I just went out and got the game the other last week and haven't had it run on my system yet.

Specs:
    Athlon XP1800+
    ECS K7S5A MainBoard
    16x Sony DVD-ROM
    20x10x40x LG Burner
    256 MB PC133
    15 GB Maxtor HDD
    GeForce 2MX200 Oc'd

No Heat Problems Because I'm Running 2 80 mm case fans and A Volcano7+ CPU Fan.

2. jvjb1983

jvjb1983 Guest

I've Tried it with all the settings off but the resolution can't go any lower then 800x600 32 bit

3. niabi

niabi Guest

i don't think its your GFX card i got a Geforce DDR and it runs great

i got amd athlon 1.2 so it its not the CPU either, try diasbling Trails i've read those cause problems.

EDIT: btw you can only change resolution BEFORE you start the game, on the main menu go into options and change it there.

nIabI

4. dijital

dijital Guest

my roommate has the same vid card as you. try disabling trails, that should help a little bit. but its definitely the video card that is causing your problems.

5. Misfire

Misfire OSNN Addict

maybe your video card. the game runs great for me on

Amd Athlon 700mhz
    128ram
    Geforce 2 MX400 64MB

6. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

If your mobo has via chipset try updating the via 4 in 1 drivers

7. jvjb1983

jvjb1983 Guest

I've tried all of those things but still it runs choppy. I've dissabled all settings and even put the resolution down to 640x480x16 and it still looks and runs bad. I'm running the newest dtanator drives and updated windows XP Pro with all other system updates.