GTA Vice City Problems

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by neo, May 15, 2003.

1. neo

neo Guest

This is the list of the problems I am having:
    1. The computer restarts for no reson whatsoever.
    2. The game keeps freezing.
    3. The music take 1.5 sec to load.
    4. The 9700Pro card gets hot after half hour play(from cold or hot start computer). The card is NOT overclocked.
    Does anybody know how to fix these problems. All updated drivers (3.2 catalyst).

2. avsdotcom

avsdotcom Guest

Head on over to www.rage3d.com and look in the forums there - plenty people in the same boat with various ideas and fixes to sort problems out.

Mine would randomly freeze for no reason , had to do a hard reset to get it going again, I also can't watch the intro movie as it freezes at a certain point.

It seems the game (or the Radeons) have a problem with FSAA and AA, so 1st thing would be disable these if you have em turned on. Doing that improved things on mine, but it would still freeze periodically.
    Next thing was uninstall the VIA Hyperion drivers (4.46) and went back to the 4.43's - game runs sweet as a nut now at 1600 x 1200
    Still can't watch that damn opening sequence though, no matter what I try :(

Good luck anyway, Vice City is a quality game, its eating more than enough of my time at the moment
    :D

3. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Hmm, i had some real troubles with this game and my 9700 Pro, UNTIL i switched the frame limiter back on AND downloaded the new 1.1 patch.

Now it runs sweeeeeeet...