GTA Lawsuit

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Vorpal, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

Man, I love lawyers...

http://www.gametab.com/jump.php?35989

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Funny how the plaintiffs only sue the big-money companies and not the perpetrators. Hmm...

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

i think it's funny how they sue the creators of the game, and..... Wal-Mart:confused: . It's not like the dude at wal-mart said "Oh, here, buy this game. you'll like it alot. What? you're only 16? take it anyway, nobody will care." For cryin out loud. there's a thing called a Gift, or maybe borrowing off of another friend.

4. w0lv3rin3

w0lv3rin3 The Source Political User

exactly, Instead of SUEING WAL-MART, sue the kid who gave it to him or the parents for giving the kid the game =)

5. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Sue the parents!! That's what I say :p

6. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

A. The parents have no money
    B. This is obviously a suite about money

The report said the teenagers got the guns from a locked cabinet in their parents house.

The parents are the only ones to blame for not properly securing their guns (and "sure" the cabinet was locked). Also, who taught the kids how to fire load and handle those guns. There's no video game that can come close to teaching you what it feels like to fire (and aim, and hit something) a real weapon.

So, who taught them how to shoot, or how did they learn how to shoot.

The fact that this lawsuit is even possible is another example of how totally screwed up America's justice system is.

Oh well...

7. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

$246 million? :O

8. ThePman

ThePman Guest

I'm going to have to take this opportunity to rant....ultimately, it is the parents to blame along with the two boys...one, for not insuring their kids know right from wrong...and two, for pulling the same bs that most of society is pulling these days...no one is EVER held accountable for their own actions! Sad, sad direction we're going...

9. ElementalDragon

These are the kind of idiotic actions that would make a game company put a "Do not try this at home in real life you little ignorant idiotic kids" label on the side of the box, or even make it the entire back of the box for that matter. You would think the kids would get the clue when they SHOOT the people on the game and they die, the same thing would probably happen in real life too, along with the police chasin ur ass down. Kinda makes you wonder if they attempted to use the "leavemealone" cheat in real life. :D

10. chris

chris Free to Fly

only in america...

11. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

i dont know if the justice system itself is screwed up, but the over-zealousness and sue-happy *******s that spot the landscape have definitely risen exponentially... its disgusting the stupid things that people are suing for now...

cough fat people cough cough mcdonalds cough :D

12. chris

chris Free to Fly

^agreed.

The justice system is fine, its what people try and get using it that isnt fine.

13. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

Substitue "lawyers" for "people" and I'll go with you on that one.

14. ElementalDragon

ok, umm..... now that i actually read through it more in depth, i noticed something else. If the kids were inspired to do that by GTA3, i could see them suing Rockstar games and take-two interactive IN THEIR MIND. But WHY THE HELL are they sueing Sony Entertainment?!?!? Sony isn't even INVOLVED with GTA as far as i know. What, were the kids playing the game on a Sony Vaio or what?

15. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

playstation

16. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

omg.... thaNK god those kids did not play command and conquer.... else there will be war! i mean always......

wait a minute... then y iraq and u.s. did not sueing westwood? :p
    think urself

17. ElementalDragon

Either way, Sazar, it's still ridiculous. it's not like PS2 was made SPECIFICALLY for playing GTA3

18. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Hey, if they're gona sue Sony for it, then are they going to sue Intel, IBM, AMD and all the Mobo manufacturers for making the hardware that allows the game to be run.... Oh!! and Microsoft for that matter.. for the OS.

19. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

probably sue the electric company too, for providing these kids with the silly electricity needed to run their "video game systems"
    AND they will sue the company that mined the uranium/coal/oil that the electric company uses to make that electricity. screw it, they will probably sue the sun too, because there was a solar panel involved somewhere in this

...whatever gets them the most money

20. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Sue the electric company too.... DAMN IT! Why didn't I think of that.

PS I wonder if the illegal immigrant workers at Walmart carded the kids when they bought the game? It is age restricted. The good thing is they didn't' download it on Kazaa and play it on an Intel based PC with a Radeon card or this could get really ugly...