Green Card Lottery

themafia_69 said:
spain is very expensive i hear
Who care's if I win a few million??
Nope it's not that expensive,have friends who moved over there years ago and they say it's the best thing they ever did :cool:

yeah we are all in egypt on vacation, im going back to saudi like august 10-15th then my dad and mom follow in sept. and btw i forgot to add that my dad works for an american company for over 25 years, so would that help? he travels to texas every year almost, i think hes going again in sept, and thats when i hopefully get my ipod!

I would think that his working for an American Company would definitely help. They should be able to go to bat for him esp if he's going to stay with the company in the States.

Amanda if you own your own house you can sell it. Buy a monster sized house in orlando Florida for 85k, 4 bedrooms, heated pool, massive garden space, two garages, fitted bedrooms, fitted kitchen, I saw it on TV a few months back. Must be better than Spain.

Amanda do you speak Spanish?

wow 85 thousand? thats it, here(egypt) to do that you need a couple of million

Lee said:
Amanda if you own your own house you can sell it. Buy a monster sized house in orlando Florida for 85k, 4 bedrooms, heated pool, massive garden space, two garages, fitted bedrooms, fitted kitchen, I saw it on TV a few months back. Must be better than Spain.

Well, Florida is a nice warm climate...but...lots of people from PA move there and are back within a year. High cost of living, crime, oh, and the 'gators! :p A few of my relatives are in Fla and love it, but I'm not a big fan of the Southern US. Have to speak Spanish in Fla too! :rolleyes:

Lee said:

Nah don't own a house that's why I'm planning on winning the lotto :D
Oh and I don't speak spanish but I understand alot but that wouldn't stop me going.

im ganna get off now ppl, but if anyone know any tips or anything that could help, that would be greatly appreciated

I know florida is cheap but no way you can buy a house for 85k that has all those amenities :)

the house i lived in tampa in was around 260K... 4B/3Bath, swimming pool, massive backyard overlooking conservation area and 2 car garage plus massive living room (2) and dining room (2)... and HE didn't have a heated pool...

that ad must have been a super special promotion of sorts...

themafia_69 said:
which would be a better place to do this? egypt or saudi? i would think saudi, because not a lot of people wanna move from there to the states, i know its bad though cuz maybe of the terrorist activity latley... hmm well see my friends mom works in the consulate right next to my school, i will try to get info.

It's gonna take you around 2-3 years for that if you apply from Saudi. They're pretty slow.

Yeah you can Sazar, My cousin just bought a 4 bedroom house about 20 min outside clearwater for 63k.

Be glad you don't live or wanna live in eastern MA. The house across the street from me just sold for 980,000. 4 Bedroom, 2 acres.

Trust me, if I could get out of the US right now, I would.

Sazar said:
I know florida is cheap but no way you can buy a house for 85k that has all those amenities :)

the house i lived in tampa in was around 260K... 4B/3Bath, swimming pool, massive backyard overlooking conservation area and 2 car garage plus massive living room (2) and dining room (2)... and HE didn't have a heated pool...

that ad must have been a super special promotion of sorts...

Well, there's one thing that could end up happening where a person could end up getting a nice house, essentially for free...but it seems my sister just lucked out in this case.

My sister has lived in a house in Berkley Heights, NJ for some time and it seems a developer wants the land (that both her, and her neighbors houses are on) for some development (don't remember if it's a shopping mall, hotel, or what off the top of my head). So I was like "oh, one of those things, so she has to find another home now?" :(

My mother was like no, he's going to build her an about $750-$1 million home in exchange for her property, which he needs for whatever development was there. I guess Jean lucked out, instead of losing her home through this, from the sound of it her new home will be much larger/nicer then the one she currently has :D

Sazar said:
Damn! That's a whole lot for 260K. Shocking how freaking expensive this place is.
ohmy.gif

Time to move to Florida!
tongue.gif

dreamliner77 said:
Yeah you can Sazar, My cousin just bought a 4 bedroom house about 20 min outside clearwater for 63k.

Be glad you don't live or wanna live in eastern MA. The house across the street from me just sold for 980,000. 4 Bedroom, 2 acres.

Trust me, if I could get out of the US right now, I would.

hey... I am not saying you can't get a 4 bed house and what not for cheap... the property and the neighborhood will make a difference...

I am still gonna maintain that its damn difficult to get a good house (say average middle class type) for less than $125-$150k or so... and thats for a 3 bed setup and back-yard and stuff...

I looked @ a lot of properties when i lived in tampa because my room-mate and I wanted to rent a house while we were there... finally ended up moving in with a friend of mine who bought a house...

NetRyder said:
Damn! That's a whole lot for 260K. Shocking how freaking expensive this place is.
ohmy.gif

Time to move to Florida!
tongue.gif

it does vary a bit :) but where he lives as well as most other decent places you can get a very nice place to stay for around the $250k mark and pretty much all houses are bungalow's with pools and nice-sized backyards... if you want more privacy and land look to spend around $400k and above unless you move to the st pete/clear-water area :) in which case its premium prices plus hurricane/flood insurance...

florida for land prices is rather good on the pocket but if you don't scope out the place you are staying @ you end up paying a heck of a lot for insurance.. florida has one of the higher insurance rates in the country from auto insurance through to property insurance... my friends house was not in a flood zone so he saves a bundle every year...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back