Great free software

thanks for that review perris! and netryder I had clipomatic...for some reason i preferred arsclip...although now I'm using both lol

SafeXP (free version)

I ran into SafeXP and tried it out. A nice convenient multi-tweak program

Safe XP allows users to quickly tweak various security and privacy related settings in XP. The options include Media Player settings, Services settings (error reporting, time synch, remote registry etc.), as well as and option to remove items from the Start menu, network security settings and more.
Safe XP improves your system performance and makes Windows to run faster, more secure and reliable!
It is suitable for beginners and experts!

safeXP-box.gif

I just found a new resident spyware checking program: BHODemon 2.0 Fills a nice little gap in my spyware arsenal. Now I have bho's covered...which isnt just a coincidence considering the latest exploits take the form of a bho stealing https connection data...

http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm

leedog, that looks like and excellant little security tool...I wonder why irr insralls in the start up folder though...I would run it only when I have issues

Here's some great audio oriented tools:

LAME mp3 codec
v3.96 is the latest stable build, however, 3.90.3 is still the most tested.

Musepack
Musepack (mpc) is a compression format for music similiar to mp3 but offers generally higher quality at a lower bitrate. It's main advantage is that it works solely in the time domain.

Foobar2000 : IMHO, the best audio player, tagger, diskwriter, converter, etc available.

MP3Gain : Reduce clipping in those mp3's, or use it to make your mp3's all have the same volume.

ReplayGain : The same concept for other file types.

Exact Audio Copy : EAC is the only ripper that rips in a secure mode that verifies that your rips are exactly what is on the cd. Helps to rip those scratched cd's without audible clicks and pops. Also supports most codecs with a .dll and any codec with a CLI.

FLAC : FLAC is essentially ZIP for .wav files. A lossless encoder.

Monkey's Audio : Similiar to FLAC, but *perhaps* not as robust. Generally slightly faster with slightly better compression.

perris said:
leedog, that looks like and excellant little security tool...I wonder why irr insralls in the start up folder though...I would run it only when I have issues
Thats cause it has realtime monitoring of anything that tries to add itself as a bho...bleh its amazing how many monitoring apps I have running to protect me from teh 3vils of the interweb

ninja.gif

Heres another little treat for you guys. I dont think I've posted it before...its my little note taking app that has a tabbed interface with postit capabilities among other neato things:

Shirusupad:
http://www.shirusupad.tk/

postit.JPG

bounce8.gif

thanx leedog...before I give that a go, the shiriswupad hoempage is sadly written...could you you give me a play by play of how you're using it and the functionality?

thanx in advance

its like notepad app. you can create all these notes in a tabbed interface and they save autmatically. I have a simple hotkey "/" which brings it up. you can drag the notes onto your desktop and they become postits. It has transparency and u can set it to lock position or autohide

leedogg said:
thanks for that review perris! and netryder I had clipomatic...for some reason i preferred arsclip...although now I'm using both lol
I used to use cliptomatic, it was excellent, but every now and again it would just stop working and not collect clipboard stuff. I switch over to arsClip (after trying about 10 other ones) and now all is well with the world :)

Very handy little tool
smile.gif

AutoPatcher's little brother, AutoStreamer, has gone final. AutoStreamer works as a slipstreamer-only. Basically, all it really needs is a source (that being an original Windows CD or a local share) and a Service Pack file.

Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000 (All versions)
- Windows XP (All versions)
- Windows 2003 (All versions)

Supported Service Pack files:
- Windows 2000: SP3 onwards (meaning you can't select a SP1/SP2 file as a service pack)
- Windows XP: Any
- Windows 2003: Any
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=188337

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back