Graphics seem semi-jittery, only noticeable when reading text

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. I have recently updated the drivers to the latest version (7.10) to try and combat a problem recently experienced with artifacts being visible inside of World of Warcraft. Since the update, I have noticed a sort of "jittery" behavior when reading text, or straight lines. They seem to bounce up and down, but not all over the screen, just noticeable. I really don't know what you would call it, so if someone understands what I'm talking about please let me know.

Whatever it is, it's giving me a headache! I am running a Cornea 17" CT1700 LCD Monitor @ 75hz for refresh rate. When updating the video, it set the rate to 60 which just looked horrible. 70hz did the same thing as 75hz, so I'm not sure how else I can fix this. I'm also running at 1280x1024 resolution.

This problem is newly experienced, and unfortunately gives me a headache when I try to read anything. Besides downgrading the drivers, which I may just have to do anyways, is there any other suggestions that I can look for in order to try and resolve this problem?

Thanks!

whats ur mipmap setting in ati ccc set to?

cos when its low sometimes i have problems like those...

whats ur mipmap setting in ati ccc set to?

cos when its low sometimes i have problems like those...

To tell you the truth I am not sure, however fortunately this problem was resolved. Someone told me about changing a power setting on their monitor resolved the problem. While I do not have any power settings, I did an "auto adjust" on my monitor, and low and behold the problem was fixed!

:)

cool... thats good to hear :]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back