Graphics on web pages

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by kenny uk, Sep 18, 2002.

1. kenny uk

kenny uk Guest

Using XP and sometimes the pics are displayed on the sites, other times all I get is a white square with a red X in the top left corner. I have checked the config in Internet Options. All ticked.
    Does not do this if I am using the opera 6.00 browser (which I was going to delete).

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Go to the internet options/advanced & untick 'show image download placeholders'.
  3. kenny uk

kenny uk Guest

Sorry, when I said they were all ticked I meant the "show pics" and "play videos" bit. It was unticked already so I am back to square one. Any other ideas please ?

4. Conan

Conan Guest

I would get this problem with DAP and SP1. Had to do a system restore to a time before installing DAP.
  5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Could have to do something with privacy settings in your firewall (blocked referrers) or with adblocking applications or disabled active scripting in Internetoptions or problems showing gifs after SP1 or... . Do you have an example URL, on which the problem occurs?
  6. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Maybe there is an error in the HTML coding of the website and it's causing the picture not to display. Who knows.
  7. kenny uk

kenny uk Guest

Thanks everyone. I will try out all the suggestions