graphics card problems

col06

OSNN Newbie
hi i have a PTM661FX Motherboard on my packard bell pc and i have put my old graphics card in geforce 4200 ti and i have disabled my on board graphics sis m741 but my computer is not recognizeing the geforce card

What did you change the options to in your BIOS when you disabled the on-board graphics? Did you change it to "Auto" or "Disabled"?

Does Windows still recognise the on-board as before?

i disable the on board graphics but i aint changed anything in the bios as i did'nt what to change

How did you disable the on-board graphics? You shoud try setting the "AGP display first" (or something similar) option in the BIOS to "Auto", that should do the trick in theory. What does it say in the BIOS? Let us know before you change anything.

i have tried it on agp and pci neither seem too work :suprised:

can anyone help me plz am desprate i dont want my on board graphics as its rubbish

owning a PB just says it all and actually using the word aint online is just wrong...

You need to do one of two things go into your BIOS and disable onboard video, and/or set a jumper on the mobo to disable the onboard video. You cant do it from windows.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back