Graphic designing and the arts or ideas for new drawing?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by angelhardy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. angelhardy

angelhardy OSNN One Post Wonder

[FONT=&quot]I was just wondering what graphic designers do because people always say I would be a good one. How much do jobs like that pay? Can I go to a well known school to study this?

2. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

California, USA
    Graphic design is really a pretty loose term, it can be applied to many areas of design. Jobs can pay well, or it can pay very little if at all. It really depends on your talent, how much you choose to charge, the strength of your portfolio, etc. You can go to school to study yes, as I said though graphic design is a loose term so you will need to be more specific.
  3. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Ottawa, Ontario
    That is a weird question. You can make good money, and you can make crap money depending on where you work, or who your clients are and so forth.

At least where I live I can go to 4 or more well known and popular school for Graphic Design along with every other type of design out there as well.

In terms of what graphic designers do, everything. The term to me and people I know means they do everything. Me and all the graphic designers that I know do everything from business cards, logos, shirts, to anything and everything web and all the way to stuff like annual reports for companies. It's really up to you what you do. A graphic designer designs what people see in the world.