Grand Theft Auto : Vice City

Originally posted by Octopus
in fact it's the same but the PS2 version takes time to load besides that you can't listen to your favourite MP3s.
some people ( like me) prefer to play with keyboards while others prefer a controller. maybe you think that the PS2 version has better graphics but if you get a new 3d card such as the new ATI I bet you will spit on your PS2 :p

I prefer the PS2 because of the ease of using the controller, even if you buy a Radeon 9700, the graphics won't change much, the game will probably just get a bit faster and thats it.

i agree with ZAnwar
i played gta3 for the ps2 and the pc and i just preferred the ps2 version because of the way the controller was set up, it took to long to get used to it on the pc, plus i could play the ps2 whilst lying in bed :p

p.s vice city gets a 9 from me because of the wasted space on the beach and golf course and because there is no elevations anywhere

Originally posted by ZAnwar
I prefer the PS2 because of the ease of using the controller, even if you buy a Radeon 9700, the graphics won't change much, the game will probably just get a bit faster and thats it.

I didnt come up with that from my imagination http://www.gta3.com/?zone=pcdifferences

I saw some shots on a website with ATI 9700 pro GTA III was something else :)

Personally, I prefer a keyboard more than a controller when gaming.... But for a game like GTA Vice City I would rather have a controller...

Originally posted by Octopus
I didnt come up with that from my imagination http://www.gta3.com/?zone=pcdifferences

I saw some shots on a website with ATI 9700 pro GTA III was something else :)

What they added to the PC version wasn't needed, the PS2 game was as good as it could have got without exceeding the features of Vice City. The stuff they added to the PC game was just to make the game a bit better, you put those things next to the PS2 game, I bet you that nobody can tell the difference!

I personally think that gta3, and vice city are just overrated. I played it on PC..I almost finished the second island, got bored, and its not even installed on my PC anymore..and from what I have heard, gta3 was better than vice city....

Originally posted by o_87
I personally think that gta3, and vice city are just overrated. I played it on PC..I almost finished the second island, got bored, and its not even installed on my PC anymore..and from what I have heard, gta3 was better than vice city....

Those are peoples opinions. I have got GTA3 for PC, and GTA3 and Vice City for PS2. The games on PS2 are much better than on PC anyway. Vice City kicks GTA3 out of the jungle on the PS2, much better from my view. Lets see what GTA4 has in store for us. It is coming out in about 10-12 months, but until then, Vice City's the best!!!!!

they are going to have to pull off something amazing in the next game to keep it origional because i cant think of anything major thats missing from vice..

police A.I. maybe, i hate getting beaten by cops for defending myself from those prats in little haiti

They need inside car views, so you can see the steering wheel, that would be cool. Also, it would be cool if they had a autogarage where you could go and "soup" up your vehicle, ie new paint, rims, body effects. If they did that, the game would be awsome.

Yeah I am kind of surprised they didn't put the in-car view. Most games that have to do with driving or racing have it. :huh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back