GPO Review - Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
It's that time of week again! W00t!

I don't have anything on my particular section of startup and shutdown, however I do have some in the logon/logoff section, but we will get to that at a later time.

Anyone want to share concepts, or the scripts entirely? .VBS or .BAT?

Post away ppl!

Attachments

• logonlogoff.bmp
    472.1 KB · Views: 1,501
I'm thinking something useful here would be to auto-delete all files in the following directories....

c:\documents and settings\%username%\cookies
c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\history
c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\temp
c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\temporary internet files
c:\windows\prefetch
c:\windows\temp

OK, OK, maybe a little aggressive EVERY time, but it's habit. I have dabbled with a batch file to do this before, but I don't always get all the files, or all the folders, or vice versa. I'm learning VBScript, but it's on the back burner due to like a billion other projects.

Anyone have something similar, or input?

hmm, what os are you running, if you are on a network and have AD setup there is an option for that. Not sure about normal login/logout though

mooo said:
hmm, what os are you running, if you are on a network and have AD setup there is an option for that. Not sure about normal login/logout though

I am running WIN2K3 Enterprise

I got a bit confused, the post I put above would have been related to logon/logoff. But, now that I think about it, I could do an else/if type setup to clear all users only at startup/shutdown.

Re: GPO Review - Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Scripts (Startup/Shutdow

kcnychief said:
I am running WIN2K3 Enterprise

how much did you pay for that :)

Wow, retail is much cheaper than Open Business License. Lucky fool.

madmatt said:
Wow, retail is much cheaper than Open Business License. Lucky fool.
LOL I bought it for a client to setup his network. Sorry bucko!

When you start pricing licensing for Microsoft products then it gets expensive. Which I am sure you already know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back