got banned from chatroom

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i really need to be unbanned b/c someone has permanately banned me which is totally unfair. considering what i did everyone in the chatroom said i shouldn't be banned right before i was announced banned. the mod who did this should realize his mistake, serioiusly. no rules were broken. thanks for you time.

I can remove the ban. But, I need more info. Who did it so I can ask them why?

[06:16pm] (..join..) almofamo (ntfs@rdu74-156-217.nc.rr.com) [Internic Commercial] [06:16pm]
[06:16pm] (..ban..) XPerience bans *!*@rdu74-156-217.nc.rr.com
[06:16pm] (..kick..) AMDDuron has kicked almofamo (banned: Perm)
[06:16pm] (..ban..) Win_98 bans *!*@rdu74-156-217.nc.rr.com
[06:16pm] (..ban..) XP_Pro bans *!*@rdu74-156-217.nc.rr.com
[06:16pm] (..ban..) Athlon_XP bans *!*@rdu74-156-217.nc.rr.com

That's all I see in the channel :huh:

It was done at some point before. It is added in the bots as a perm ban. Only JJB or myself can go into the bots to remove it. Maybe JJB will know why it is there when he gets back tonight. I will not remove anything until I know who and why.

dam u really must have pissed the bots off:eek:

the bots only ban u if jjb has added the address to the ban list. if any outher mod had banned you it would only have been temp + you would have got an explaination as you were kicked.. u (or your isp) must have been put on the bot ban list for a good reason.

hmm i just noticed the ban is *!*@rdu74-156-217.nc.rr.com
that means it will ban anyone who's address ends @rdu74-156-217.nc.rr.com it may have been someone else was banned who uses the same isp as u. it has happened before (all @aol.com address were banned:mad: )

Maybe it was an error. But for some reason, I do not think so.

I may be wrong.

Bots have logs , xsivforce try to search for this hostmask in the logs and see the exact reason.

I don't know for sure what the reason was for the ban, however, I do know almostfamous88 was acting like a retard on a few occasions in the chat room with floods and stuff.

I didn't ban him or request the ban, however, if he comes back he's behavior had better improve.

just a warning

cool.gif

Originally posted by Benny
Bots have logs , xsivforce try to search for this hostmask in the logs and see the exact reason.

the bots in our channels do not log

cool.gif

If you're banned, its for a reason.
Simply telling us who placed the ban would resolve this a heck of a lot quicker.

Originally posted by Henyman
hmm i just noticed the ban is *!*@rdu74-156-217.nc.rr.com
that means it will ban anyone who's address ends @rdu74-156-217.nc.rr.com it may have been someone else was banned who uses the same isp as u. it has happened before (all @aol.com address were banned:mad: )

I'd say that ban is pretty specific.
If it was *!*@*.nc.rr.com it would be a quite different story.
anyway...i couldnt resist a comment :)

Originally posted by Kellog
I'd say that ban is pretty specific.
If it was *!*@*.nc.rr.com it would be a quite different story.
anyway...i couldnt resist a comment :)
yup if it was an isp mask as you say, then it would probably be a mistake, but its an actual IP based hostmask, so unless almostfamous88 is really unlucky and keeps dynamically obtaining that IP, its going to have been a specifically placed ban

k xvisforce thanks

hey thanks xvisforce. the reason was probably just flooding. i don't know why the bots hate me! lol. it was weird b/c there like xperience , amdduron have banned this isp (perm.)
thats exactly what it said or something

The bots only kick on flood they don't ban. And the bots don't perm ban on their own. You must have pissed someone off enough to request perm ban. Until we can find out what's going on, I don't think the ban will be lifted.

Some of the notes listed on that ban include:

1) Bashing or Flaming against the site and its staff
2) Impersonating an Operator/Team Member (Using nickname "epunk")

Both of these are listed in the IRC Channel Rules as bannable offenses. The ban has been removed, however further violation of Chatroom Guielines will result in re-banning

JJB6486

Re: k xvisforce thanks

Originally posted by almostfamous88
hey thanks xvisforce. the reason was probably just flooding. i don't know why the bots hate me! lol. it was weird b/c there like xperience , amdduron have banned this isp (perm.)
thats exactly what it said or something

lets say nor epunk or xporgsux appearance was taken nicely.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back