Google Talk dialer not working quick fix

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by Perris Calderon, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

When google updated chrome recently, for some users the free phone dialer stopped working, I'm also told chrome automatically disables plugins that are not used

The Quick fix google posted for the dialer is to click "allow plugin" top right, but the option is not there for some, google also suggests hitting the jigsaw puzzle piece but for me that was giving error codes too.

I am not sending them the fix, let them figure it out for themselves, but for our readers, the following quick fix should do the trick

paste this into browser;

chrome://plugins

your plugins page will open, find the google talk and check off "always allow', that should do the trick.

it's great how google is using their customers as beta testers without asking, isn't it?

Chrome has become painfully slow loading and an over all burden for me, and as I preidicted when they first posted their eula, a terrific data miner, I am back to ie in windows 8, imo, a far better browser for the new windows operating system with superiorr touch screen support

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Google disabled NPAPI type plugins in Chrome 38, causes shiloads of hassle with WebEx and Lync (infact stopped supporting the latter completely)

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

seems the dialer from gmail seems permanently disabled, but you can still make calls with google hangouts, this comes in most handy for me finding my phone when I misplace it in the house