google project 10x100

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I just entered

my entry is an idea I've developed since I bought my car with dual turbo charger

a turbo charger converts sound energy and heat energy to mechanical energy which can be converted to electrical energy

my entry is as follows

in cars that do not use a turbo for popwer, hook up a turbo drive anyway and use it to power the alternator and the air conditioner compressor.

even cars that rely on the turbo for boost, most engines are in boost only a few percent of the time, the turbo can definately be used to serve dual purposes

this is found energy since it is using energy that would otherwise be converted to heat energy by the muffler

enter your ideas then post here so we can discuss

Re: google project ten

Wouldn't a super charger be more efficient in a car? Since a supercharger would give the benefit over the entire speed range, whereas a turbo charger would only take effect after you have hit a certain level of speed to maximise it's potential.

Not that I'm against turbo, but there would be more efficient means of energy recycliing for engines than others.

Good topic.

Wouldn't a super charger be more efficient in a car? Since a supercharger would give the benefit over the entire speed range, whereas a turbo charger would only take effect after you have hit a certain level of speed to maximise it's potential.

Not that I'm against turbo, but there would be more efficient means of energy recycling for engines than others.

Good topic.
no, super chargers are parasitic and would draw power from the engine since they are tied to the crank, the air conditioner compressor and the alternator are tied to the crank and that's what we are trying to avoid.

done with a turb you are reclaiming lost energy, done with a super charger you are becomming a parasite on the energy that is not lost

a turbo charger uses exhaust gas to power the drive, if all things were perfect that would translate into a parasitic reclamation as well since back pressure does lose horsepower, but there is a caveat when it comes to autos that changes the formula;

cars have to quite the exhaust, they do this with the muffler so the energy is lost regardless

instead of loosing energy through the muffler we convert that sound energy to mechanical energy

that makes it found energy instead of parasitic

super chargers are only preferable in autos because they give immediate boost, a turbo charger needs to spool up from exhaust so it is less responsive at low rpms but much more efficient at high rpms

the solution is a hybrid of two sorts, take your pick

you can have a super charger that is clutch engaged at low rpm and switches to turbo charger when there is enough exhaust pressure to drive the compressor

or a dual turbo with either two small spools that fire up immediately or an asymmetrical dual system, one small for low rpm and one big for higher rpm

the super charger is pretty much the least advanced, least efficient of any of these methods

I'm surprised nobody on this board has anything to submit to this contest.

I just sent my second entry;

There should be two skins on an auto or plane, the skin can be full body or partial body depending on how sophisticated an application

The between the first and second skin will be louvers and gates, the gates or louvers or both can be adjusted by computer or manually dialed in to preset parameters.

Different speeds necessitate different wind air foil configurations, this will be more precise with the use of these body long foils as opposed to the single foil currently used on the back of a car

when lowest drag coefficient is the best solution the gates will close affording best gas mileage

when cornering or road stick is required these louvers can be configured to give far more traction then anything currently available

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back