Google Personal History

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by muzikool, Apr 21, 2005.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

...could prove as embarrassing as it is helpful. Quite possibly. :eek:

2. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Good for some, bad for others.

3. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Seems a silly option IMO. I think more bad then good can come of it.

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I am waiting for googles hard drive search facility so I can share all my music with you all.

5. Xie

Why wait? There are TONS of apps that would already allow this. You could setup a FTP or if you wanted an app that would allow you to chat you could use something along the lines of grouper. You of course would be sharing files that belong to you and are copyright free (or ones you hold copyright for) though. ;)

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Well I won't use p-2-p, my thinking was if all net users had that service then hey, the RIAA can kiss all our asses.

If everyone file shared, thats every single net user they could do diddly about it.

7. Xie

Well with something like grouper its less like a typical p2p and more like a fancy IM/IRC/file share built into 1 app it looks like. Also it's all encrypted and would be all people you invited.

8. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

"It's really a bad idea," said Dixon, executive director of the World Privacy Forum. "If you need to keep track of your past searches, I recommend using a notebook. It would be a lot more private and a lot less risky"

Wonder if he knows it's tracked by default in the browser.

9. Xie

What do you mean? If your talking browser history, that just says you went to google. This google feature would save a list on google of your past google searches. So say you for some reason typed in something naughty. Now someone gets one your computer and goes to use google for a quick search, they have a full list of your prior searches. :dead:

10. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

yeah, I know, I meant browser history. hehe.... they would see your naughty typing there too ... unless you keep them out of your profile :)

11. Xie

Well w/ Mozilla anyways you can just go to google and put in the site you want and open it in a new tab from google to cover your history trail (will only show google). ;)