Google Chrome ... A browser to compete with FF and IE ...

I am severely confused. I said screw FireFox with regards to downloading it when I sit down at a Windows machine which only has IE installed.

Also, Google recently added the suggestions feature to their frontpage, so that is nothing new that was left behind when you installed Google's Chrome browser.

I still fail to see what you are trying to get at, and I have re-read your post multiple times now.

Edit: Read it again, still fail to see a point ... Would you care to describe what you are getting at in clearer detail?

Just in case you are still worried about the TOS, which BTW is the same as any of Google's TOS's, you can get a BSD licensed version here: http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp/

http://code.google.com/chromium/

Contains the code in case you want to download the source code, take a look at it, and compile it for yourself!

They even break down the different licenses and what software was included from where on their terms page:

http://code.google.com/chromium/terms.html

You may now take off your tinfoil hats, and enjoy a new faster browser.

google gears provides for those :)

I guess as more people get to hear about it they will start popping up :)

odd about the spell check since it is listed under minor tweaks in the options and mine installed with UK English as the default. Have found one or two plug in issues, unsurprisingly... cannot find a place where activeX/Java are enabled - off to look into gears and see what that does now. Wonder how long it will be before this gets listed alongside other browsers for compatibility/install option etc? Guess that will depend on the take up.

Just in case you are still worried about the TOS, which BTW is the same as any of Google's TOS's, you can get a BSD licensed version here: http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp/

http://code.google.com/chromium/

Contains the code in case you want to download the source code, take a look at it, and compile it for yourself!

They even break down the different licenses and what software was included from where on their terms page:

http://code.google.com/chromium/terms.html

it's not a tin foil hat, they are claiming that anything you post on the web is theirs to use at their discretion or non discretion

by submitting, posting or displaying the content you give google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit, post or display on or through, the services.

they can change their uela or they can count on people like me telling everyone on the internet they are batty to use this browser

I am surprised you read this adn are fine with it, you especially have original content you post, I really don't think you want google to have rights to that property but I understand if you don't mind

there are those of us who refuse to allow google or anyone to use our property without compensation or approval

their source code doesn't matter, what they do now with their browser doesn't matter, by signing the eula you have given them the right to change their mind and go back and take whatever it is you posted with their browser

you use their browswer you are telling them whattever intelectual content they want to take from you they can

some of us do NOT want them to have the rights to our work, myself being one of them

if this were 8 years ago, while I still wouldn't use it because of the uela, I would have said the agreement was unconcionable and therfore un enforceable according to our law, what if someone who didn't sign the uela posted content with their browser, how can they own that?

but in the states we have been given a gift these last 8 years, the gift of judges who will always decide om behalf of industry rather then the individual.

I will be quite an oponent of this browser until google changes their uela

Last edited:
online banking should be good with this is if they are allowed to publish anything you use in their browser, see your details everywhere :D

(i know they have probably got something in place to stop that, but you never know) :p

I initially liked it, but found quite a few bugs with it after a short while. Besides, it's too minimalistic for me. I like options, and I like lots of them!

The Chrome UI is nice, though.

I am severely confused. I said screw FireFox with regards to downloading it when I sit down at a Windows machine which only has IE installed.

Also, Google recently added the suggestions feature to their frontpage, so that is nothing new that was left behind when you installed Google's Chrome browser.

I still fail to see what you are trying to get at, and I have re-read your post multiple times now.

Edit: Read it again, still fail to see a point ... Would you care to describe what you are getting at in clearer detail?

OK, here it is in a nutshell. On the IE thing, I'm screwin with ya. ;) So how many time did ya re-read it? :p

*runs*

No, but really as for Google adding the suggestions feature and not being a leftover, well, oh well. :speechless:

*now runs*

i find that offensive

nutshell

report and strike yourself :p

nutshell, gonaads, same difference. ;)

So reported so striked... Oooooo, that felt good. What am I saying? :eek:

well obviously you like striking your gonaads is what your saying, everyone saw you say it - your soooo busted

That POS got way out of context. You will that with everything. They have to put that stuff for legal reasons. With all the stupid law suits that are going around now (the recent one against apple about their speed for example); I agree with them putting that.

seems faults have been found in it already, old webkit version which is susceptible drive by downloads and a java issue.

I've noticed it thrashing its safebrowsing file and journal too. Got really bad earlier this afternoon and had to reboot windows to be able to work.

It is version one. It's not going to be perfect ...

Dont care much for the "show password". Local security is still security :p

It is version one. It's not going to be perfect ...

the drive by fault was known about and they still decided to use the old webkit, not a case of its the first version or not, if they aren't going to make sure the code is secure (to a degree) before they release it, you cant have trust in it, and if you don't trust it you wont use it.

Google can fix this yes and release and update, indeed they can, but the negative feedback and reporting has already began, they could have nipped this in the bud before it started.

Well its from a few headlines I read before I get here its open the same carpet bomb attack that Safari suffered from a few months back, because Google didn't brother to patch.

The first, is the popular "carpet bomb" vulnerability that still exists within Chrome, as pointed out on our forums by our member matessim. This vulnerability allows malicious websites to drive by download and execute programs on your machine. Our visitors may remember the uproar that this same vulnerability caused for Safari users, and that Apple patched the carpet-bombing issue with Safari v3.1.2. Chrome is vulnerable to this exploit because it is based on the same engine, WebKit 525.13, and Google did not patch or update the engine before releasing the software.

Found here
http://neowin.net/news/main/08/09/03/google-chrome-out-for-one-day-already-reasons-to-avoid

I'm not going to use it and should anybody ask me what broswer I recommend I'll most likely say Opera. Now I'm just sharing information I find in the hopes of others making a better informed choice and be aware of things, I however am not trying to tell people not to test it if they want too, its just not for me

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back