Goodbye from him....

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreamliner77 said:
Except for the random page rank thing up in the left had corner, what's that about???

There are two page rank banners, both at the absolute bottom of the site, above only some basic text.
I think your browser may be rendering things wrong if you see them in the top left.

If you don't want any images get Mozilla browser and do this....

Managing Images:

If you wish, you can choose not to download any images when you browse the web. This greatly restricts what you can view online, but may be helpful if you have a slow connection and wish to shorten the time it takes web pages to load.

You can also control how frequently animated images repeat their animation, or turn off animation completely

The next section describes how to control these image settings. The default settings allow all images to be accepted and allow them to repeat their animation.

Privacy & Security Preferences - Images

This section describes how to set preferences for images. To view the preference settings for images:

1. Open the Edit menu (Mozilla menu on Mac OS X) and choose Preferences.
2. Under the Privacy & Security category, click Images. (If no subcategories are visible, double-click Privacy & Security to expand the list.)

Image Acceptance Policy

Image Acceptance preferences allow you to control whether and where Navigator displays images:

* Do not load any images: Select this option if you do not want Navigator to display images.
* Accept images that come from the originating server only: Select this option if you do not want to load images from third-party sites.
* Accept all images: Select this option if you want Navigator to display all images. (This option is selected by default.)
* Do not load remote images in Mail & Newsgroup messages: Select this checkbox if you want to avoid downloading images embedded in web pages sent as message attachments. (This checkbox is selected by default.)

Animated images should loop

These settings control how many times animated images repeat their animation:

* As many times as the image specifies: Select this if you want image animation to repeat as many times as specified within each image. (This option is selected by default.)
* Once: Select this if you want image animation to occur once, overriding the number of times specified within each image.
* Never: Select this if you do not want image animation.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SPeedY_B said:
There are two page rank banners, both at the absolute bottom of the site, above only some basic text.
I think your browser may be rendering things wrong if you see them in the top left.

I'll take a screeny next time I see one. Using FireFox .8

Also, gothic, do you not watch TV because of the adverts? Or not go to movies because they have adverts before the feature? Or listen to the radio? I could go on and on. Advertising in invasive ways is part of society. It, unfortunately, will only get worse. Hell, in a town near me, the elementary school buses have banner ads on the side of them now.

Be thankful there are no pop-up or pop-under ads. The ads on this site are not intrusive, and I think they should stay in order to help cover costs.

gothic said:
I will not be returning.....

UNLESS THOSE DAMN ADVERTS GO..!!!!!!!

The internet must be a horrible place for you. Go to http://maddox.xmission.net if you don't want ads. And that may be the only webpage you'll be able to go to without extreme annoyance. Oh, and any .gov sites too.

I reeeeeeeally don't think he's gonna post anything else.

But... I could be wrong.

But... I dought it.

I think we're all just venting. You know, if you're gonna stop coming to the site, just stop, don't make a big stink of it.

I don't see it at the top tho, must have been a glitch, they are at the bottom to keep them well out of the way. Chances are those will go, they are not advertising.

But naturally, I am sorry if my attempts to promote the site annoy anyone!

Yeah, it shows us that we have some bragging rights! :D

SPeedY_B said:
Boooo, don't kill alexa, it's cool :)

I agree...let it stay. It's out there at the bottom of the page, and perfectly unobtrusive, in my opinion.

Errrrrrrrrrr... I don't see it. :rolleyes: :p

But I do at work. :D

the ranking.com one is sh!t, alexa rules though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back