Goldeneye: Source

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by BouncingSoul, Dec 26, 2005.

1. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

Not sure if anyone know's (or cares) but the first alpha release of Goldeneye: Source came out yesterday. Its got some issues, there aren't very many characters available (it is an alpha though), the character movement is almost painfully slow and there are no crosshairs. I understand why there aren't any (cause they weren't there in the N64 version) but in this day and age no crosshair is a crime against the Source engine. Anyway, you can download the free mod below.

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

Enjoy.

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

yeah.... it's ok. i played it a bit last night. was fun until the one person used a speedhack. that just ruined it.

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Alpha release and a speed hack showed up already. That's pathetic.

4. Dublex

Dublex Quazatron R6 droid

Sounds cool though - hope its released at an affordable price.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

not even that Lee..... it wasn't even out for like 12 hours i think when i played it..... which makes it even WORSE! funny part was that he had the speed hack but no aimbot, so he sucked anyway.

Dublex: i think it's gonna be free. the only ones that i think cost us are the ones that we don't seem to hear about until they're basically finished products (i.e. made by either Valve, or someone close to Valve)

6. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Is Goldeneye publlished/created by Valve or are they just copying the name from Valve - ie the 'SOURCE' part?

7. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

Its a 3rd party mod. Not affiliated with Valve at all. I'm not sure why they can call it Source if its not from Valve. Maybe just cause it runs on the Source engine. As far as legality goes ... I'm wondering if Rare will sue them for copying their game.