Going to computer college

L

Leo154

I'm thinking about going to computer college.. but i want to ask some questions.

What kind of courses are there? In general... and what are their career opertunities? I'm intressted in managment more...

What would be a better choice for a new rig, a desktop pc or a laptop?

Who in the forums is already in computer college ?

well i think if your going to school a laptop would be the thing to get

Computer college? I go to a school called the International Consortium of Technology Professionals www.ictp.com It ownz any college course you will ever take, hands down! I have been to New Horizons Computer Learning Center, Finch and others. They all suck! These schools read to you out of a book, you could do that on your own. ICTP gives 25% lectures and 75% hands-on. They have the biggest CCIE lab in the world with over Six Million dollars worth of equipment at your disposal. You are in an enterprise network consisting of the latest technologies by Cisco, Linux, UNIX (Sun), Microsoft and more. I can't tell you how many people out there are really smart on paper, but when it comes time to get there hands dirty they have no idea what to do. I have seen an MCSE who could not even swap out NIC in a workstation, what's that all about?

So find yourself a good school that promises hands-on, lot's of it! Theroetical knowledge is a must as well, but you need the hans-on to succeed in this market (field).

If you're going for certification, start with CompTIA A+, then move forward from there. A+ will give you the solid foundation you need to succeed in this field. Of coursem you may want to get your BS in CIS or Computer Science. That's another story.

Wow.. I like the sound of that..
But I'm not going to college in America, but it the UK...

Does anyone know stuff about computer college in England?

yeh the teachers are on strike every other week the computers are lame and they are underfunded

Originally posted by XP Abuser
yeh the teachers are on strike every other week the computers are lame and they are underfunded

yeah...thats a pretty good description

If your in the UK dont do an AVCE computing course at college, its badly planned and not thought out. You'll struggle to get through it, not through lack of intelligence but because the layout of the award is still being re-done and it all seems disjointed.

Your probably best looking at a BTec course in IT, have a look around though, see whats going in your surrounding area

Originally posted by chrisuk
If your in the UK dont do an AVCE computing course at college, its badly planned and not thought out. You'll struggle to get through it, not through lack of intelligence but because the layout of the award is still being re-done and it all seems disjointed.

Your probably best looking at a BTec course in IT, have a look around though, see whats going in your surrounding area

i'm doin an avce @ mo. piss easy anyone can do it. i thought it would be more them tellin us how 2 do stuff but we just use the scills we already have:huh:

as far as opportunities when you graduate.

I will hire you to help the members of ntfs with their problems.

pay and benefits are excellant.

the pay is knowledge that you've helped people you don't know, and will never meet.

benefits include unlimited vacation time.

exce;;ant job

do the benifits include a free company computer + internet access?:p

yes, as a benefit, you can give the company a computer for free., we never have enough of those...especially with me needing a new laptop and all...thanx, good lookin out

as far as giving the company free internet access, this is not neccessary, the company already has that

thanx for the offer henyman..u r the best

/me gives Perris his old Hp computer (spec in link in sig):p

OK.. I see this thread has become into a joke..

Just like all the other threads on NTFS...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back