gigex.com for dialup users....

F

fedele

I recommend this site to download all of your game demos and trailers....all you need is to download and install small plug....try it...it's free

found good Download accelerator

hmm... to put it very short, i think gigex sucks. i tried downloading a file from there and it couldn't connect to the server. i found a nice little download accelerator which works REALLY well. i'm on cable, and was downloading ab 700 kb/s when i usually only get a max of 300 kb/s at one point. It's called Kontiki. the url for the downloads page is

http://www.kontiki.com/get/installing.html

it was nominated for editor's choice for the best download manager (not sure when). but wouldn't doubt it if it was this year. it's AWESOME.

Never tried gigex.com but all I use for downloading huge files is a download manager. Plenty of free ones around. Never heard of kontiki. Must go see.

kontiki looks good I will download it and try it....thanks!

no problem. if you wanna talk to me:

AIM screen name = theElem Dragon,
yahoo messenger screen name = theelementaldragon,
msn messenger e-mail address = ryanpetko1984@hotmail.com.

i usually find tons of cool stuff. don't really have much now cause jus re-formatted my computer about 2 weeks ago and it's hard to find lots of stuff with school and everything.

P.S. don't e mail me with the hotmail e-mail addy. don't even think the account works anymore. still let's me use it for the instant messenger.

Gigex.com has problems when new demos become available, as many people jam the servers, also they want to push their CD on demand stuff..... I installed kontiki, looks very good , I already used it to download some cool stuff they have...usually this download managers are filled with spywear and adds and stuff , so I really never used them much, but kontiki doesn't have this added features. thanks for the recomendation man. I'll keep in touch. :)

I installed kontiki and my download speed went up from the average 50-60kb/s I was getting to a an average of about 160kb/s,very impressive indeed :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back