Ghost 2003 or TrueImage 6

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Capricorn, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

Any recommendation on which is best, Ghost 2003 or True Image 6?

One point, I have found in the past, is that, whichever you use, it is best to use quality CDs.

There is nothing worse than being halfway through an image install, than to find the message, 'cannot read media' and then finding, that on rebooting, you are left with the message 'No Operating System.'

Is there an easy way out of a situation like that?

Also, True Image claim that you can move your hard drive image from an old computer to a new one. I wouldn't have thought that this would work, because of the hardware differences. It is quite different from just installing a new hard drive on a computer and copying the old hard drive. Anyone managed to do this?

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

I prefer True Image. Never had a problem with it. Ghost gave me an error about the image it made, when I was trying to restore it.

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Same here :)

5. eNuffSaid

eNuffSaid Guest

Hi,

I like Norton Ghost. With Norton Ghost you can write images directly to Tape or CD. You can split images while writing them, or you can split them at a later time with Ghost Explorer. Ghost Explorer even allows you to add or remove files from a .GHO image.

I'm not familiar with Drive Image or True Image.

With kind regards,

Willem Moolenaar

6. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Ghost has never let me down yet!:)

7. ThraXeD

ThraXeD Guest

I personally like Acronis TrueImage.

8. PC-Dude

PC-Dude Guest

I have used both Ghost and Drive Image and neither has failed me yet. Never tried True Image myself and have heard some good words about it.

Ghost I found works really good when backing up to CD's. It's the main one I use when working on systems in my shop.

Drive Image however contains a lite version of Partition Magic so you can easily create a new partition on your drive to backup to if you don't have a CD-R drive.

Just my 2 cents :cool: