GF4 Ti4200 Fan went out!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by sn00pee, Dec 15, 2003.

1. sn00pee

sn00pee OSNN Addict

Has this ever happen to anyone? My fan stopped (well might be the whole card itself) and my screen went blank. Does the Geforce4 have some kind of heat cutoff or does it just burn itself out after that? b/c i thought maybe i could just buy another heatsink fan and it will run again or should i just replace the whole card?

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

see if it comes back on for a bios test, if it does power down and buy a new heatsink for it.

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

What Gonzo said. And don't leave it on long without the fan. It would be best if you could get to a windows screen without shutdown. I had a vid card that died thermally. It looked ok in VGA boot but got ugly in windows at high resolution.

Check the thermaltake site they have some vid card coolers. Try and find one made for the chipset you're using. They have funny base shapes and stuff.

Remember to check your warantee too. And even if it's out of waranteee a call to tech support and a lot of whining and *****ing might get you a new (maybe even an upgrade card). The fans should not just quit on cards that cost a couple hundred bucks.

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator