Getting rid of duplicates in ComboBOX

Sanchez

OSNN Junior Addict
Alright, in my Database I have many samples that are frozen on different dates.

What I'm trying to do is create a combo box with all the dates included. And when a date is selected, display all the samples that were frozen on that date in a listbox.

However, I've run into a problem already in that when I choose to make the combo box from the date column of my table, it takes all the dates, even the duplicates. For example, if there are 3 samples frozen on june 20th. there will be 3 june 20th's in the combo box. How can I get rid of this. I tried the removeitem property but it's not working. It says I'm not able to use this property when the combo box is connected to a data table or something when I go to help. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks.

if your usingf SQL to get the data from the database you can use SELECT DISTINCT to get rid of duplicates

we need to know the database - I am guessing from your description that you cannot use native SQL - but there may be some sort of option to employ it behind the scenes, if we know how your data is stored/accessed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back