getting flash video.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mooo, Feb 23, 2005.

1. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

Is there a way to get a flashvideo off a website to back it up? I found a really neat one and would like to save it. Is this possible?

2. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

It is not possible as far as I know. If it is though, I would love to be proven wrong. There are alot of good flash animations I would like to keep as well.

3. wadada

wadada Moderator

it is possible but you need special software for that, kinda flashripper, i have a program called flashget but there are more

4. n0d3

n0d3 the 4um stalker

there is.. though it could kind of be seen as illegal in some cases.. if you have firefox, right click and go to page info and then click on media and you'll see a link to a flash file under that section... type that link into your addy bar and then do save site and you'll get the flash file on your computer

forgot to mention that it will only be a swf file.. you can download programs to change it back to a fla if you want to edit it or something though

5. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

It's not illegal to save it.

Look at the source and search for .swf. There should be a url there, copy it and paste it in the adress bar (might be a relative url). Then save it.

6. n0d3

n0d3 the 4um stalker

it doesn't always show the entire url in the source because a file on the same site server doesn't require the whole address in the code