Get Serial

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by blueyedboy, Apr 20, 2003.

1. blueyedboy

blueyedboy Guest

Okay , heres the Score, this is not some serial request. My brother has lost his CD key for XP. he has XP Home edition. I know I have seen, when this used to be called windows Xperience, a post that said how can get your key from somewhre of the system. He has a bonifide copy of XP so he obviously wants a bonifide product key so he can have his service packs etc.

Any Ideas.

2. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

If you download and use Aida32 from HERE it will show you all software licenses installed on the pc....including the windows one.

3. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

hmmm dont know it. are you sure this is not a warez request :rolleyes:
    benefit of doubt then, check the attached proggie it will show the cd-key wich is used by xp

4. lechtard

lechtard Guest

Call Microsoft and tell them you lost it - they will give you new one ..

5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

No need to call Microsoft. Both applications proposed above will show you the key. I would go with Aida32. It is a great and useful program anyway.

6. hmmm.....if its "bonifide copy of XP" there should have been a sticker to affix to the outside of the box........ thats why its there:rolleyes:

7. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

Hmmmm I didnt get one with my XP home or XP pro CDs

8. Its supposed to be on the back of that little booklet that u get with yr cd.

9. Lighter

Lighter . . . . . . . . .

Yup, 'tis there. This is the kind of thing one should write down and save, if one has reluctantly emptied their wallet on a collection of compiled zeros and ones (as I did, for a multiple XP Pro license).

Yes, I'm just full of snyde, useless remarks this morning. FUBAR'd ~1050 mp3 tags 'cause I wasn't f'ing paying attention, so I'm bitter. :happy:

10. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Lol i would not stick my serial on the outside of my Pc....just in case a stupid mate might think its a good idea to "write it down".

Its kept in a safe place...Tattood to my bum :D

I bought mine OEM so i just got the sticker not the book.

11. blueyedboy

blueyedboy Guest

Thanks for your help. With regards to Warez... I could easily have given him the FCKGW..... key, but as I said, his is a genuine copy of XP Home edition that came with the PC. The silly sod threw away the packaging.:eek:

I have sent him the link for downloading AIDA, although I think it will take him a while on his 56k modem. Ah well, teach him a lesson wont it!

12. blueyedboy

blueyedboy Guest

Oh my lord... soz mate... yours is just the ticket... I can email him that. should have read your post more carefully.

cheers pal

13. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

glad i could help