Get a Vista Tech Beta Nomination!

Sazar said:
I guess I'm not gonna get it :(

You will Saz. I got mine only yesterday (22) - a bunch of peeps are reporting they got theirs today.... I would imagine they are sending out batches of invites in order to keep the load off the servers. :)

:D

Maybe there is hope, I just re-read the blog, seems like he's going to accomodate essentially everyone there (I hope).

I am going to be getting me a new hdd soon anyways so this should make it interesting

Without having to go read the entire blog, how or why does that blogger get to nominate anybody and/or that many people?

Lots of noobs be testin vistar now yo.

my name is on there but I just signed up a few days ago so I think I need more time. I'll keep checking everyday though

GEN3RIC said:
Without having to go read the entire blog, how or why does that blogger get to nominate anybody and/or that many people?

Lots of noobs be testin vistar now yo.
He's a Microsoft employee. Notice the blogs.msdn.com URL. :)

Basically, they've been expanding the size of the beta test pool since the development cycle is now at a point where its mainly bug-fixes and fit-and-finish work. Even within the company, employees are being encouraged to download and install the latest bits on test machines. There are big Vista posters all over campus with intranet download links. :D

I just checked my GMAIL, in the mass of 147 new messages, there it was :)

I haven't had a computer to use all week of my own, so the invite stays there for now. I put some of it together the last few days, but not quite yet done. Very exciting.

I'm only going to run it in Vmware atm I think...

kcnychief said:
I just checked my GMAIL, in the mass of 147 new messages, there it was :)

I haven't had a computer to use all week of my own, so the invite stays there for now. I put some of it together the last few days, but not quite yet done. Very exciting.

I'm only going to run it in Vmware atm I think...

Just an FYI i tried vista with VMware it doesnt like the x64 version. the x63 is not compatible with it...alteast thats what it was telling me. just thought i would let ya know. :)

Thanks, but I won't be using the x64 version. After reading some other stuff online how I can't get full functionality - it won't make it on my testing system for another 3 weeks as I'm doing something very important with that atm.

I probably will go out and download it this weekend though just so I have it before it's gone.

IDLE said:
Just an FYI i tried vista with VMware it doesnt like the x64 version. the x63 is not compatible with it...alteast thats what it was telling me. just thought i would let ya know. :)
The latest version of VMware Workstation supports 64-bit guest operating systems provided the host OS is also 64-bit.
So if you installed VMware on XP x64, you would be able to install Vista x64 as a guest OS within the VM.

thanks for the info, have signed up..... just got to sit now.

If we put our names in, nad have not recieved an ivitation does that mean we cant download it? :( That would be a bummer....

I is teh test munkeh !!!

:cool:

Or I will be if/when I get approved.

:smoker:

mlakrid said:
If we put our names in, nad have not recieved an ivitation does that mean we cant download it? :( That would be a bummer....
If you left your name and a valid email address, and it's still on the site, I expect you'll receive an invitation soon.

By soon he means a coupla weeks. By coupla weeks he means a few months. By a few months he means, whenever.

:smoker:

NetRyder said:
If you left your name and a valid email address, and it's still on the site, I expect you'll receive an invitation soon.

Yep its valid..

:D

I cant WAIT! :laugh:

He's still accepting requests, by the way. :)

Whew - still cranking through the nominations, folks - few FAQs:

- yep, still taking nominations,

- if you put you name and email in a comment (which I don't recommend, I'd rather you send me an email for lot of reasons - one being I don't want your email address out there for spammers), I will process and delete your comment - this is the reason why comments disappear,

- I work for Microsoft,

- I'm doing my best to make sure everyone who takes the time to reply gets nominated,

- I've nominated over 3000 folks here.

- For Office 12 and Exchange 12 beta nominations, check out http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/beta/preregister.mspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/scarbones_blog/archive/2006/03/26/561256.aspx

im a bit confused, i just got an email "Windows Vista and Microsoft Office Beta Experience Newsletter No.2" yet i havent been sent an invite or anything to download vista, did i miss something? (i did sign up on that blog though)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back