geoshell + explorer.exe together

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by oO ShifterZ Oo, Oct 27, 2002.

1. ima tryin to use geoshell and explorer together as one force. i want windows explorer to run at defualt and ima planning to also run geoshell as a start up program, but i dont know how to do this. DOES anyone know how to do this. CUz when i installed geoshell it went over explorer and i tried to change these settings

Use Run -> gpedit.msc.
    Go to: User Configuration - Administrative Templates - System
    Edit the Custom User Interface value to explorer.exe. This should work :)
    If this doesn't work, you can go into the registry and change it yourself.

In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER key: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    Look for a string entry called 'Shell'. If it is not there, create a string entry and name it 'Shell'. Set this value to 'explorer.exe'

but then nothing went up as a shell so now i uninstalled geoshell and asking this question
  2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    Since both Explorer and GeoShell are shells, you can't combine them into one. It is either or. My recommendation is to stick with Explorer.
  3. yea if it comes to dat, ill stick wit explorer im more used to it ne ways. BUT deng.... there goes my plan on my nov.desktop. TIME to rethink it =\

ty once again matt