GeForce4 Ti4200

J

Jz1397

Does anyone suggest getting a GeForce4 Ti4200 over a ATI Radeon 8500 LE. Any reasons why I should go with nVIDIA instead of ATI?

Nvidia has had better drivers. Although ATI is getting better in that regard. You can't go wrong with either. They are both good cards. Most will probably say go with the GeForce.

gotta geforce4 ti 4200 coming in the mail any day now. }:>

competition between ati radeon 8500le and geforce4 ti 4200 HERE. (also has apollo 8500)

you'll see the geforce4 smoke the radeon in almost everything, but the 8500le is a bit cheaper.

one of the things you want to look out for, some of the reviews are using the nVIDIA refrence card, not the official card that is mass produced by a company. My personal prefrence is the Ginward GeForce4 Ti4200. (Best for OC)

Maximum PC recently reviewed hte 4200 in their latest issue.
Quake3 MPC demo noAA 88.2fps
2xAA 65.5fps

3dmark 2001se noAA 66.4fps
2xAA 37fps

This card was made to work bro. Nvidia is the way to go and if your an overclocker you can improve these scores.

Oh yeah all the test were run at 1280x1024 @32bit CD, vsync disabled.

Originally posted by Jz1397
My personal prefrence is the Gainward GeForce4 Ti4200. (Best for OC)
yeah, i know what you mean. i did get the gainward "golden sample" ti 4200, though. can be oc'd to almost ti 4600 levels for half the price. }:>

So far everyone I know with GF4's has been able to overclock them greatly. my 4400 is clocked past 4600 lvls with no problem or extra cooling, my friends with 4600's are clocked even higher and we all have different makers.

Gainward is best for OC on older cards but as for these new GF4's...they all seem to be pretty damn good, I'm betting it's since the ram uses BGA and such, but i'm no hardware engineer :p

only the ti 4400 and 4600 use BGA packaging for their memory. the ti 4200 uses old TSOP to keep costs down, but they're just as overclockable as their BGA brothers. just BGA is the future of memory and even, at some point, processors and the like.

edit: lol... nice sigs, xsiv }:>

Limit to the amount of performance because nvidia uses the same PBC pipes on the gf4 ti4200 as on the gf3 ti500. You overclock it, but you will get just below the gf4 ti4600

The 8500 is as good as the gf3 but no where near as good as a gf4 ti-4400.
Go with a gf4!
Getting the monster VisionTek Xtasy Ge-Force 4 ti-4600 in a couple of months cant wait :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back