GeForce4 Problems

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Jz1397, May 31, 2002.

1. Jz1397

Jz1397 Guest

2. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

How many watts is your power supply? Should have 300+ for a system as indicated in your signature profile.

3. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Try using some of the newer beta dets such as the 29.40 and see if that clears up your problem. or try the gainward drivers that came with the card.

4. Jz1397

Jz1397 Guest

I have a 300 watt power supply in there, that is what I thought the problem was. it also could not load a aver media card. Maybe that is it. But this would not explain the windows crashes, and where would I find the betas? I have both the dets and the gainward drivers installed.

5. Jz1397

Jz1397 Guest

ok, unplugged alot of things, seemed to work, then crashed, when I try to load 3dMark 2001SE, I get the following error.

6. Jz1397

Jz1397 Guest

sorry for so many posts, but I had problems

7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

yeah, try new drivers. betas, even.

8. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

I was moving from an ATI card to a NVIDIA on, I just reformated and was fine with it

9. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

dang, this has been a nightmare for you hasn't it? Hope you get it settled:D

Good luck:D

10. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Question for you:

does that TDK burner you got come with burn proof? And if it does what do you think about that technology?

Had some yahoo tell me earlier that the kind of burner doesn't matter, anyway wanted your thoughts.

11. UofEEE

UofEEE Guest

I've got a Liteon 16x10x40 w/ Burn-proof...and I haven't had a single cd screw up, and I burn quite a bit. I've been running lots of other stuff while I'm burning too, and the drive is just fine. The only problem is, it takes longer when you have other programs running.

12. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Thank you:D Burn, baby, burn :D :D :D :D

13. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

yea it did, works great