GeForce FX scrapped?

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
thats what i am looking at, but would it conflict with the 9700 pro as a video card?

are you thinking or the stand alone PCI cideo card, or just the tuner: http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=15-116-302-01.JPG/15-116-302-02.JPG/15-116-302-03.JPG

you can set up the 9700pro as the primary as it is... in bios just say primary display on agp port :)

then use the radeon AIW VE as your secondary card in a pci slot and generally use it as a tv tuner...

ati does have tv tuner stand alone cards as well using a similar setup... :)

this is the other card I mention... its seems decent enough and is 57 bucks @ my local pc store..

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/netpc/netpc_detail.asp?model=TV@nywhere

I have seen ATI's video performance with those setups, and would rather go with them. unless anyone can find a review.

how the hell did this thread morph from geforce fx scrapped to everything you ever wanted to know about tv tuner cards
its quite astinishing:)

Raided by Ati fanboys. :p

btw, my nvidia contact says these rumours are rubbish - and to ignore "that" site.

From Warp2Search....

Kyle Bennet from [H]ardOCP reports that sources have told the [H] staff since Tuesday this week that only pre-ordered Ultra cards will be sold and shipped to customers. After that only non-ultra cards will be available. Guess Nvidia is going straight for NV35 reference design in fear of ATI's yet unannounced R350. Who ever would have thought that half a year ago. Here is Kyle's wording:
As we noted here earlier this week, the GeForceFX 5800 Ultra will never make it to retail. Those of you that PreBuy the cards will still get an Ultra model with the FX Flow cooling unit. Those who don't will have the opportunity to get the non-Ultra version (400/800) off the retail shelves for a price of US$300.00. This information is unconfirmed at this time, but has been what we have been told repeatedly by different sources since Tuesday of this week.

:eek:

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
...As we noted here earlier this week, the GeForceFX 5800 Ultra will never make it to retail. Those of you that PreBuy the cards will still get an Ultra model with the FX Flow cooling unit. Those who don't will have the opportunity to get the non-Ultra version (400/800) off the retail shelves for a price of US$300.00. This information is unconfirmed at this time, but has been what we have been told repeatedly by different sources since Tuesday of this week.

:eek:

I wonder if someone at nVidia "leaked" this info in order to increase pre-order sales since they know the Ultra is a flop. I'll bet many people more would buy it just so they can have a "limited-edition" model. Dunno, just a thought...

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Raided by Ati fanboys. :p

btw, my nvidia contact says these rumours are rubbish - and to ignore "that" site.

is this the same source who collabarated with his PR department to issue fud concerning 48gb/s bandwidth (its actually 16 gb/s) ... 350 million triangles per second (its actually 200million)... an october/ november/ december/ january/ february/ march(?) launch? the same source who said the card would be 30-50% (aiming for latter figure per their ceo in press launches) FASTER than the 9700pro (performance is slightly faster in raw benches and slower with high LOD and AA and FSAA enabled).. telling people to hold off buying on the 9700pro because they had a super duper card in the gf FX ultra (where is it?) ... telling people it would have cinematic quality when the IQ is inferior to even the radeon 8500 (check out the comparison shots on various websites) ...

I could go on an on... but all I have to say is I have hated nvidia because of their PR department and I don't believe ANYTHING they say anymore...

I will also say that their nv35 card will be a hit because IT is the real deal... the gf FX was DOA and nvidia tried to conjure up market magic...

MY sources say the fx will be a limited quantity release... where is the market for this product other than die hard fans ? professional users will use the quadro series without the flow FX crappola..

:D

Originally posted by scriptasylum
I wonder if someone at nVidia "leaked" this info in order to increase pre-order sales since they know the Ultra is a flop. I'll bet many people more would buy it just so they can have a "limited-edition" model. Dunno, just a thought...

hmm ? what ? not everyone wants a badge of honor :)

lol...

[edit]

I feel kinda prophetic with my sig now though lol...

/me gets skeered... vewy vewy skeered

[/edit]

Originally posted by Sazar
is this the same source who collabarated with his PR department to issue fud concerning 48gb/s bandwidth (its actually 16 gb/s) ... blah blah blah

no/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back